• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler screwed me

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For my first, an SMR, all I had was a ratcheting screwdriver. That took a while.

This time, for my Woodsrunner, I had picked up a great cordless drill. That box was opened in no time. I feel for the O.P. here having arthritis and having no power in the cordless.

The Doc is out now. :cool:

title on this thread is purrrrrfect!!! I had a problem with a USED Shiloh Sharps once upon a time and went to their forum to ask about what to do and how to go about it and thought I had burned the factory by the way I got hate posts. Folks do have loyalty but give me a break, if a company is going to suffer over a mere post header on a public forum, then they need to take stock in their business.

I think Kibler is set in the reliability dept. they have a sterling reputation and this thread header will NOT hurt them in the least.

Come on guys.

I used my box for to brown the barrel. Put a weak lightbulb in it and placed wet sponges, covered it with the lid. Worked great if you card the metal every 22 hours and reapply the solution. Took about 4 days and the barrel looks like the underside of a Hershey bar. With all that rust brown it sure soaked up the oil.

The main thing to be thankful for is Jim is not a welder...
Never ask a welder to wrap a present.jpg
:ghostly:

I jumped on this thread so fast…

Actually noticed the same on my box from a month or so ago (Colonial .58/24). Felt like someone wrapped a Christmas present in a few smaller boxes. It’s too bad I didn’t get ‘screwed’ into a wood upgrade 😉

It turned out ok…View attachment 191915View attachment 191916View attachment 191918View attachment 191920View attachment 191921View attachment 191975View attachment 191976
Dremel tools strike again. You made yourself a fine $500 rifle.

Dremel tools strike again. You made yourself a fine $500 rifle.
I'm speculating others don't feel the same. That's just a guess, though. My control on the grooves below the patch box were quite poor as I had never used this particular tool before. Regardless, I was quite proud of how it turned out for my first real attempt at carving a rifle. Especially considering a Dremel doesn't exist in my garage.

I think the title could have been better. But after doing three of Kiblers kits. I knew exactly what the Op meant. Now about the $500 dollar gun statement. I disagree. It's all up to the buyer..! I've seen so many comments about people building guns and comparing them to others. No one has to compare themselves to anyone...! If your satisfied that's what matters. Personally I like the folksy look to it.. It's all personal taste and everyone is different.

Latest posts

Back