• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler's .32 caliber SMR.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to all.

Guys I thank all of you for your input.
I truly appreciate this. A lot folks on this forum like help and educate those in need. It's really cool to see all the responses, not just on this thread alone.

I decided on the .32 SMR. I feel that the fact is years ago I wanted a .32 SMR, long before I ever heard of Kibler's. I'm glad I waited.

After joining the forum, I ready alot about .36 caliber SMRs so it got me thinking. I just decided to stuck with the .32.

Here's a few pictures.
No it's not perfect, this is my second Kibler assemble. A couple flaws on each gun, very minor but still there.

If you chose to assemble a kit.
Watch the videos.
Reach out to the good folks on the forum.
One step at a time.
Take your time, it's not a competition.
Whether you are filing, sanding, or inletting remove a little at a time and stop and look, check things out before removing to much.
DO NOT set or drop it on the toe, it can and will chip.
If you end up with some mistakes don't let it worry you. It's your gun. Learn from it and do your best to not repeat the same mistakes.

Thanks again.
Damn fine job brother Fred!

Thank you brother Tom.
I'll be using my Crockett Rifle for the year around open season on private property. When small game opens on state land this October I'll have Ole Redbone sighted in and I'll be using it for a few hunts.
Nice to have options buddy! When I shot traditional archery, I would use my recurves during even years, and my longbows during odd years. Worked out fine. I was forced to practice more! Which I didn't mind.

Good afternoon, Wncman.

Weight of the .32 is 7lbs 6oz.
Ball .315
Patch .015 prelubed.
Powder 25 grains FFF GOEX.

I shot it 20 times only. Same flint and no hang fires or misfires.
I played around with .310s with .010 and .015 patches. Wasn't a very tight fit.
The .3315ball and .015 patch worked the best.Powder from 15 grains up to the 25 grains.

It shot good groups but to the right.
Next time out I'll correct that and post some pictures.

Take Care Stay Safe

I have a .32 smr, love it . It's so much fun to shoot. It has a rice barrel, they recommended .310 ball and. 10 thousand patch. I shoot 20 grains 3 f. At 25 yds under an inch group. That's as far I can shoot a squirrel. With my eyes. You will really enjoy it

It was on Rice's web page, I had a little bit of trouble with patches tearing, when loading. The rifling was very sharp. But still shot well. Now it's getting better all the time.
Cool, thanks.
Mine was sharp also, it's funny because I haven't shot it alot, but the last ball loaded felt different then the first.

Take Care Stay Safe

Latest posts

Back