• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler's Hunting Pouch

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not quality printed instructions instead?
I am trying to make the instructions downloadable. By doing so one can print them out if desired without having problems with web browser configuration.
The video clips I will be adding are just visuals for some steps of the process and not a step by step tutorial.

Yes. The bags on that site are from "The Leatherman". There is nothing wrong with them per se. They are well made of good quality leather. But, they are "cookie cutter" products,,, each one very much the same as the next. And, they are not hand stitched, thus are not done with a proper saddle stitch.
If one buys the kit, they can make it more personalized and properly handle stitch it. And it will still be cheaper than buying an entire bend of leather and all the tools and thread needed to make a shot pouch.
I’m not interested in HC or PC so obviously this option doesn’t interest me at all. I suppose those that are will be interested, seems pretty pricey though considering everything else available out there. JMO, to each his own.

Yes. The bags on that site are from "The Leatherman". There is nothing wrong with them per se. They are well made of good quality leather. But, they are "cookie cutter" products,,, each one very much the same as the next. And, they are not hand stitched, thus are not done with a proper saddle stitch.
If one buys the kit, they can make it more personalized and properly handle stitch it. And it will still be cheaper than buying an entire bend of leather and all the tools and thread needed to make a shot pouch.
But not as cheap as getting a finished custom bag from, for instance, me. 😉
Jay

my 2 centavos, I'm cheap by darn and look for the best deal I can get. I bought some nice thick and pliable leather at the Bucksnort Trade fair back in February, enough to make several shooting bags for $50 cash.

There are some beautiful bags out there and it takes time to make them, I appreciate the time and artistry that these craftspeople put into a bag but $200-$400 a bag is crazy high unless they are filled with something to make you crazy high.

my 2 centavos, I'm cheap by darn and look for the best deal I can get. I bought some nice thick and pliable leather at the Bucksnort Trade fair back in February, enough to make several shooting bags for $50 cash.
I have done similar things. I get a little daunted by what they cost me if I put a dollar value to the hours I invest.

Bought my only bag 20 years ago at a small shop. Always liked it. Today I discovered that it was from black powder bags. A hunters bag with beaver tail flap. That said, I have more than one gun so I guess I need a setup for each. Darn it. My eyes are much bigger than my wallet..

Bought my only bag 20 years ago at a small shop. Always liked it. Today I discovered that it was from black powder bags. A hunters bag with beaver tail flap. That said, I have more than one gun so I guess I need a setup for each. Darn it. My eyes are much bigger than my wallet..
A common problem!

When I got the emails, I thought that this was fantastic! I see it's even better with some of the constructive comments in this thread. This is a very affordable kit that is designed to help the maker succeed.

Many of us out here really like working with our hands. I do not mean that which we had to do as a career to make a living. Not all of us get the chance to do things we like to do for a living. It's only now that we are retired that we can try learning to do something that interests us.

Downloadable pdf files and instructions are just fine. Saves money. Youtube Howto's are great and will help my old, fat, fingers do a better job. Having known people on the project adds confidence that it's money well spent.

I suspect that I will be ordering several over time.

I'm in agreement that there's not $155 in material in that kit... for ME.

I'm not inexperienced in leatherworking and can draw up my own designs and patterns or deduce details from images or videos I might be working off of, and I've got the tools and supplies and experience accumulated over the years to knock something out without much fuss. All of that would no doubt exceed the price of this kit.

I expect the target audience for this kit is NOT the guy who wants to become a leatherworker and build bags and holsters and sheaths and other leather goods.

I think it will be perfect for the guy who wants exactly what he needs for the project along some of the finer details already taken care of without having to invest the time and money into tracking down a bunch of supplies and figuring out sizing and how to perform certain tasks.

Jim Kibler I think is a very smart and analytical guy. I expect these will sell because he knows they will sell.

Check out the new Kibler Hunting Pouch kit; appears to be a real bargain for the price! Has everything included! Wonder how the heck he does it! He'll be swamped with orders.
Ya' think? I thought it is quite expensive. $155.00 + shipping for a few pieces of leather and some accut's. You can buy the same stuff on E-Bay for about $50.00. Minus the vise, which is worthless anyways. Semper Fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back