• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kiblers Woodsrunner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rebounding frizzen on my Kolonial will break every flint within 3 strikes.

Solution is to extend the top portion of jaw leather out onto the flint slightly. This cushions the rebound so that the frizzen heel no longer breaks the Flints.
If you would like, we would be happy to check out your lock. I don’t ever recall a Colonial frizzen rebounding in the past, but maybe you got a weak frizzen spring. Just send it in and we’ll do what is needed at no charge.

If you would like, we would be happy to check out your lock. I don’t ever recall a Colonial frizzen rebounding in the past, but maybe you got a weak frizzen spring. Just send it in and we’ll do what is needed at no charge.
Thank you Jim(!), I knew that you'd stand behind the lock. But it causes me no grief as long as I extend the top jaw pad at a little.
My post wasn't to log a complaint, it was to share an idea to possibly help the OP figure out the cause to his broken Flints , and for him to be able to get a few shots off before his flint broke.

Back