• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Know what this is?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cannon match/fuse tray? Filled with sand it would be prefect for such a purpose.

We're getting some really good possibilities on this. This might be the most versatile contrivance ever devised my man. :thumbsup:

Joe

Sir Michael said:
Not sure but it reminds me of a soldering iron heater used for production soldering. In this case as many as 16 irons could be kept hot if it is what I think it is. :hmm:

Could be a rivet bucket ... when they were making iron mounted stuff to transfer hot rivets to the workplce from the fire.

Davy

I have seen one and it was being used as a corn roaster. If you notice that the side with the one leg has less notches than the side with two legs. They had charcoal in the bottom with the corn in the husks that had been soaked in cold wqater laid across it. They would just roll the ears of corn to get them to roast all the way around .
Now is this what it was intended for to start with I have no clue but this is what I seen one being used for by the neighbor campers at a camp ground we stayed at.

Woodhick said:
If you notice that the side with the one leg has less notches than the side with two legs.

I count 8 on each side?

IMG_0819.jpg

I'm going to have to go with hibachi myself. I saw one at Lodge's (the cast iron people) website that looked pretty similar to this. They're calling it a Sportman's Grill.

You could try sending a picture to Mike Bunn, the historian at the Columbus Museum. He's a good guy you will help if he can.

[url] www.columbusmuseum.com[/url]
I couldn't get the site to open to get his e-mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back