• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lace-on leather butt-stock boot ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello rb,

couldn't you just slice your homemade thig-a- ma-jig open on the bottom, punch some lace holes in it. slip it on the butt and lace it up???

seems like that should work,

..ttfn..grampa..

xxgrampa said:
hello rb,

couldn't you just slice your homemade thig-a- ma-jig open on the bottom, punch some lace holes in it. slip it on the butt and lace it up???

seems like that should work,

..ttfn..grampa..
Well by golly, I don't know but that sure sounds like a terrific idea to try
:hatsoff:
I'll check tomorrow night when I get home from work...should still be in the trash can in the garage where I put it...:grin: thanks!

I bought the lace on leather sling from October Country that fits over the butt plate of the rifle. My Lemam Indian trade rifle has a very curved butt plate. It is 54 cal and painful to shoot if you hold it on your shoulder.

I added a 3/4 inch thick piece of silicone rubber I found at the range to the inside of the brass buttplate and then put on the slip on recoil pad.
The end of the sling laces nicely over the recoil pad so no rubber shows.

Firing the rifle with 80 grains of 3F and a 535RB was very pleasant. The trade rifle is stamped OTR Boise Idaho on the 30 inch 1 1/16 inch barrel so it may be a semi-custom gun. It has a Long perussion lock.

Along with the sling order, I ordered a brass ramrod for my TC Seneca. It looks great.

Joel Lehman, Austin TX

Back