• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Last of the Mohicans

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bob308 said:
well about northwest passage, there was suppose to be a sequel but it never happened.
One night, years ago, I was flipping the channels when I stumbled on two Rangers in the classic Spencer Tracy uniform. I couldn't believe my eyes! I thought I'd stumbled onto the mythic "Book Two" of NW Passage. Buddy Ebson was Hunk Mariner; that was when I realized it was just a TV show :(
There is a 1950s movie called Fort Ti that deals with the Rangers, but it's more of a western than an "Eastern."

Skagan said:
I've discussed having two categories, one for historical fiction and another for Primary Documentation.Your thoughts?
Two separate categories, I agree. a dedicated forum for primary documentation would be fantastic. perhaps a bibliography to kick it off?

Done.

This forum has been renamed "History in the Media" and a "Primary Documentation" forum has been added.

:rotf: :rotf:

I remember the line We dont' need no stinkin badges, LOL but I can't remember the movie!

What was the name of it?

rabbit03

rabbit03 said:
:rotf: :rotf:

I remember the line We dont' need no stinkin badges, LOL but I can't remember the movie!

What was the name of it?

rabbit03

"Treasure of the Sierra Madre"

badges.jpg

Click Me!

howdydoit said:
I thought it was blazing saddles.

Ah, young people. You kids just don't know your history. :winking:

The original quotation comes from the 1948 film The Treasure of the Sierra Madre with Humphrey Bogart.
[url] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinking_badges[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
* howdydoit Said:

I thought it was blazing saddles.

That line appeared in Blazing
Saddles also.

Latest posts

Back