• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

left handed flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm about to reiterate, but here goes. I'm a left handed shooter and started out with a traditions LH hawken. I think it ran me $280 new. Loved it. 25/50 yard target work. Probably the best entry level LH rifle i've seen. The next step up of any worth is the Lyman GPR and that'll run you $390 to $480. Accurate to 100+ yards, just make sure you get the right barrel for the projectile.
Graduated to a Tip Curtis .40cal. in the white,LH, i think i payed $890 for the rifle and all accessories delivered. The best money I ever spent. Love it. Long and light and shoots like a dream.
The reality is, there isn't alot out there for lefties. You can shoot right handed guns (double barrel rifles and shotguns will disprove any opinion to the contrary), but when you're spending good money why should you? Look around til you find what you like.

There are now plenty of LH locks available from suppliers, so that a custom LH rifle can be had in about any style you want. The exception is the large colonial style locks seen on the Brown Bess, French fusils, and some early rifles. No one has made a large LH lock available. But, you can make do with the largest LH rifle lock now available. There are even small rifle locks in LH, as well as pistol locks in LH.

I would also recommend that LH shooters take a second and third look at underhammer guns, if you are looking for a good percussion action rifle, or singlebarrel shotgun. While there is almost a cult following to underhammers, its a very useful action type for all kinds of shooting. Both RH and LH shooters would be well served with an underhammer.

i would just like to add my 2 cents here. my Lyman GPR that i bought (within the last 2 weeks) is a left hander (b/c im left handed of course). it ran me $434 ordered and shipped to the gun shop. cheapest i have seen them is $409.

Back