• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lehigh Lube experience/comments?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried it, wasn't that impressed with it. Seemed to be not much more than PineSol and maybe Murphys oil soap. But, some people really like it.

This is my take on Lehigh Lube: Lestrom Labs produced the original and it was good stuff. Shot well and prevented corrosion. Ox Yoke took it over, messed with the formula, and it still shot well, but did not protect metal (I got rust in my bore and was miffed). So miffed I worked up my own liquid lube: Moose Juice (Castor Oil moose milk). Now, Lestrom Labs is back (PM "Deke" for more info) and claims to be making the original recipe again.

Stumpkiller said:
This is my take on Lehigh Lube: Lestrom Labs produced the original and it was good stuff. Shot well and prevented corrosion. Ox Yoke took it over, messed with the formula, and it still shot well, but did not protect metal (I got rust in my bore and was miffed). So miffed I worked up my own liquid lube: Moose Juice (Castor Oil moose milk). Now, Lestrom Labs is back (PM "Deke" for more info) and claims to be making the original recipe again.
I saw that on a web search. One site said if you had a partial or even empty bottle from the OxYoke daysthey would replace it with a bottle of the new-old formula.

I'm just not too keen on any of the "butter" lubes. Too hard in the winter and nasty in the summer.

Old Ironsights said:
Anyone have experience/comments on Lehigh Valley Lubricant?

(anybody speak Norske? A review is here[url] http://www.svartkrutt.net/lehigh.php[/url] but they don't have it translated...)

I wrote that small piece on the Lehigh Vally Lubricant :grin:

In short it doesn't keep what it promise in the advertising, but it isn't bad stuff either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Viking78 said:
Old Ironsights said:
Anyone have experience/comments on Lehigh Valley Lubricant?

(anybody speak Norske? A review is here[url] http://www.svartkrutt.net/lehigh.php[/url] but they don't have it translated...)

I wrote that small piece on the Lehigh Vally Lubricant :grin:

In short it doesn't keep what it promise in the advertising, but it isn't bad stuff either.
Cool. :hatsoff:

Now the real question is, How Good a lube is Lutfisk? It certainly isn't good for anythng else... :blah:

Last edited by a moderator:
lehigh said:
Could you translate That for us please? :grin:
Lehigh...

Nope, don't have time :blah:

Old Ironsights: Lutefisk as a lube would probably work weel if you believe in it enough, but keep in mind that it is fish dipped in caustic soda :grin:

I sent mine in a month ago. E-mailed Thunder Ridge and was told that they have been flooded with replacement bottles. Get it out as soon as possible.

how do you know which version that you have? Ox-yoke or the original.

Which one does Track of the Wolf sell?

WB

Weasel...look on the back of the bottle. The label will say something like "Ox Yoke Products" for the Ox yoke stuff. Dunno what Track sells now, but the ones I bought from them about 8 months ago were Ox Yoke.

interesting. The bottle I bought last month doesn't say anything. there isn't any manufacturer info anywhere on the bottle.

wb

Been using it for many years, best stuff I've ever used and will never use anything else. I have some of the old and some of the new and for shootin I have never noticed any difference. I do not use it for rust preventative. I use Sheath for rust after I am done cleaning. But that's just me.

Got my new/old lehigh in the mail today. Mighty nice of those folks to do the exchange. They actually sent back more than I sent in. Seems to have a "soapier" smell to it, kinda like Murphy's smells. It's also more amber colored than the OX Yoke stuff I had. Hope to get to try it out soon.

Yep, got mine also. To me it smells exactly like Alchohol and Murphy`s Oil Soap! Had a little of the old Lehigh left and it is lighter in color than the new stuff. Can`t wait to try it out either.

Thought I post some observations about using the new/old lube at the range this afternoon. Prior to going I soaked some precut patches and let them dry so I could try the dry patch method.

When I got to the range I dampened a patch with the lube and wiped the barrel, then loaded. I used one of the dry patches. It loaded effortlessly. The next load with a dry patch had to be literally hammered in..didn't want to load at all. Shot that one and started spritzing the patches with the lehigh spray.

The new/old stuff shot just like the ox yoke product. No wiping between shots for the entire range session ( 40 + shots). Loading was the same thruout. After the session I cleaned with about 10 patches soaked in the Lehigh and they started coming out pretty white.

When I got home I put the flush attachment on and cleaned as usual. The water stayed clean from the first stroke. Apparantly the Lehigh did a pretty fair job of range cleaning. Swabbed it liberally with the lube and will check for the next couple of days for rust.

YMHS,

I am pretty sure I was the first in our club to use Lehigh when it came out. After having a rough time finding my preferred lube, I was willing to try anything else. (for some reason, Bore Butter did not work well with my gun!) I was very pleased with the results I got from Lehigh, noting better accuracy, easier loading and cleaning. Like others, I do not use it in my gun as a final coat because it does evaporate. I used something more oil based.

I haven't noticed the perceptiable difference in the Ok-Yoke product formula although now that you mention it, I recall the original felt a little slicker.

I continue to use it. The only disadvantage is the patches can dry out so it is not advisable for pre lubing.

TexiKan

I'll be stuck in Allentown for most of August, maybe I can find the factory and git a tour. :haha:

I precut my patches, lube them then store them in a film canister. At the range I just open the lid and take one out and reclose the canister. They stay moist as long as the lid is replaced.

Back