• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lehigh Lube experience/comments?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a bottle of it at track of the wolf to see how it would work in my off hand rondyvoo gun.
I got five shot groups under half inch.
I woulden't use it for hunting because it is a wet lube but for off hand compititions it's great.
I got a first and second place using it this summer.
I still swab between shots during compititions but have shot it without swabing with great results.
I own two gun with greenmtnbarrels that shoot Lehigh very well.
Can't say it's gonna' work in all guns, Your just gonna' have to bench your rifle with it and find out
:hatsoff:

Funny how we seem to run in cycles here, there are now seven threads going on patch lubes. I don't know why it has to be so complicated. Folks seem to think that if some concoction has a long list of ingredients it must be good and if it costs lots of money it must be better.
I've yet to find anything that beats plain ol' spit for general shooting. Admittedly, I haven't tried every product on the market but I've found spit so satisfactory I see no need for improvement. I don't have to buy anything, never forget to take it along, don't have to swab the bore since every patched ball does that, and if I'm running low I just take another chew.
For hunting about any grease that won't melt into the powder works as well as any other. I like the traditional aspect of deer tallow for a hunting lube but automotive grease works fine also and is cheap and readily available.
All products of black powder residue are water soluble so one can clean with spit, hot or cold water, soapy water or horse piss, it don't much mater, it's the H2O that does the work. Dry the bore well and finish off with any gun oil or grease. No weird concoctions need be purchased or blended. It can be as simple as that and complications are only complications, they neither ease the process nor improve the result. Well, they do improve the result for the people selling the concoction. :grin:

I am going to start using that lube. I have been looking into it for a while now. I like how it will not freeze.

Back