• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lehigh Lube experience/comments?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WeaselBreath said:
interesting. The bottle I bought last month doesn't say anything. there isn't any manufacturer info anywhere on the bottle.

wb

I just bought a bottle at Dixon's. It says "Original Formula" on the bottle.

I have been using it since it first came out on the market. Would use anything else. I was not aware that the formula had changed hands until reading this post. I have some of the orginal and some of the Ox=Yoke and have noticed any difference between to two, other than the price. My club is a listed dealer for Ox-Yoke and members can purchase their products at conciderable discounts. I started purchasing Lehigh by the case for the members and selling it to them at around half the listed price from other vendors.
I use it only as a patch lube and I never clean between shots, My flintlock does not like to be wiped!
My question now would be Is there two suppliers for the same product now? Cause since Ox-Yokes change for ownership RMC is still offering the lube.

Fort Greene Ville

I bought some Lehigh from Track of the Wolf in April and it has no manufacturer indicated(it's a 200ml "hip flask" shaped bottle). I think the lube works great. I keep the lube in a spray bottle. At the range I give my pillow ticking two squirts just before cutting at the muzzle. I also wipe with it between shots. One squirt on a cleaning patch followed by a dry patch.

I traded in my Ox Yoke LeHigh for the Original formula. Ya` know what? I like the Ox Yoke stuff better!Call me crazy , but the original formula stuff seems like it is M.O.S and Alcohol and doesn`t seem to keep the rust out of the barrel..Is it just me or has anyone else agree?

Slamfire said:
I'll be stuck in Allentown for most of August, maybe I can find the factory and git a tour. :haha:

You can head out to Dixons near Kempton and you can get it there... Not to mention dixons is a fun place to spend a few minutes..

Jeff.

The evaporation is the alcohol that displaces the moisture. You can prove this by wiping or spraying it on the outside of the barrel or on a piece of steel It leaves the preservative behind If you prefer you can go to[url] www.lehighvalleylube.com[/url] there you can find links to reports on anti-corrosion against other products.

Last edited by a moderator:
No but if you are ever passing through Lehigh Valley in NY near Rochester...I'd be glad to give you a tour of the facility and show you our patented process. :thumbsup:

The color was for an "oil" appearance for the satisfaction of the military. If you have a darker color, You have a version of the lubricant that was made for military specifications. Only one batch got sent out to the public(100 bottles) For R&D on how well it would conform in shipping. The public will receive the version with the lighter "non oil" appearence and the "non-scent masked" version. It will smell more like in the woods pine for hunting.
Lestom

No just me. I'm the Inventor and the President=CEO of Lestom Labs, Inc. the original producer of the lube.
Lestom

Deke,

It is nice of you to offer, but we have a forum policy against self-promotion for "professional" purposes. You can "PT" the members individually with messages, but we do ask folks not to use the forum as a classified ad type of medium.

Someday, when we have the next software package in place and the Classifieds are back . . .

Stumpy,
My apologies. I work hard, to educate, as well as preserve our sport and equipment for the future. It was in honesty (The way I've always run my business), even though past manufacturers haven't been honest with me. Readers always wonder "how it works" in its application. Afterall, It is patented and available to the public. But sometimes "breaking it down for digestion" requires something that could be misconstrued as "promotion". If your readers would like to tune into to educate themselves about topics they can go to TMMH for answers on the topics below. Though it won't happen again, I hope I'm welcome to share my research of blackpowder, Steel, fabric and anti-corrosion with our members. I take your advice that you expressed on being "Professional" seriously but would have preferred that you would sent a PT to me rather than posting. No harm done. Again I apologize for my honest mistake.

Uh ohhh -- the mention of another on-line ML board!!!

Not that!

Strike two.

Look out, you're in the mine field now.

On the other hand, I have a bottle and am looking forward to a chance to give it a try. If Bilby likes it, it must be good stuff.

CS

Deke,

It's a fine line, and I do often feel like a heel to point out the "foul". We LOVE having the experts and professionals in the field here, who knows the pursuit better?, but the policy is to halt any links or "I can make one for you just like it" threads and references.

I appreciate your involvement, and we are glad you are here. I actually would have expected no less in a thread that features your product it the title. :thumbsup:

Yeah,
I was stuck in a minefield in Afghanistan two years[url] ago...made[/url] it through that...barely. Still wasn't as bad as the minefield I was stuck in with my two academic X-Partners, and Scott Lee 5 years ago. :bull:
Signed,
The Original "Shitcreek Survivor" :rotf:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll just put in 2 bits: I love Lehigh lube as a final cleaning solution in my MLers...after a simple water bath gets out 98% of the fouling, I finish with a bit of Lehigh and the bore gets squeaky clean pronto. I clean the lock and other outside metal parts with it, too. It also seems to protect the bore from rust, but if I am putting the gun up for a while, I follow up with a tallow coat on the bore...

What's the best way to apply the lube to patches? Lately I've put the lube into an empty spray bottle and give my pillow ticking a couple of sprays before cutting at the muzzle.

Never used it but read the report about it on the thread posted on this board. It has 'tall oil' as an ingredient. It is a good penetrant from what I've read. Also an ingredient in Go-JO creme hand cleaner, my combo lube/cleaner of choice. :v

Latest posts

Back