• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lodgewood has a Matchlock Musket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. I see the original has a metal piece extending from the wooden “bulge” near the muzzle. The reproduction lacks this, and I’m not sure why/if any originals would have featured this bulge if it wasn’t for the attachment of a blade or hook of some sort?

Also, you mention the “patch box” is actually for tools. What kinds of tools would originally have been placed in there? Thanks!
Patch box and tools thread:
http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?p=170813#post170813
This thread also shows later guns with the bulge for the ramrod.

A wall gun in the Danish army museum with a patchbox:
Danish Arquebus.jpg

Smokey, if you want an American made matchlock, you could also ask Lodgewood about making another of the one they have in the custom built gallery. Dave is great to communicate with, so you can ask their current price estimates and time. It’ll probably be significantly more expensive than comparable European options, but he has better access to barrels and shipping from Europe is a financial pain. He also recently built a TRS wheellock, so you could also look into him building one of their matchlock kits, assuming any of theirs are in stock.

I myself am considering a matchlock or snaphance from a specific european builder, depending on his timeline and my finances when he starts building again. I also may have scared him off with all my questions…

You can also search for “N Barber Artificer” on Facebook. He’s a very nice guy and forges his own lock parts, which is some nice authenticity. The price he quoted me 6ish months ago for a classic fishtail musket was very reasonable and cheaper than the Lodgewood arquebus.

Back