• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for an "in-the-white" kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billholmes

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Afternoon all! I wonder if anyone out there knows of some good in-the-white kits for a English fowler or Northwest gun. Maybe someone has one they started but couldnt find time to finish, or bought but never found time to start. If any builders out there make kits, let me know.

I would go with Caywood for an in the white NW gun or fowler.

Try North Star West for "in-the-white" guns (trade guns).

As a clarification of your question: "in the white" refers to a gun that is completely assembled, and all you need to do is finish the wood and metal in your choice of treatment, while a "kit" is a collection of parts that must be assembled into a working firearm then finished however you choose.
This may help you refine your question.....

Try Tip Curtis Frontier Shop. (615)654-4445 Tip usually have 75 to 100 rifles built & about 1/2 of them are "in-the-white" rifles.

In fact, being you are in KY, you are close & can possibly drive over to Cross Plains, TN & see them & pick one out. Be prepared to spend most of the day, as once ya get there you won't want to leave ! ha ha !

:thumbsup: :wink:

Yep, Tip has a few.

InsideFrontierShop-1.jpg

Try Early Rustic[url] http://www.earlyrusticarms.com/pricesanddescriptions.htm[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot believe that photo came up. I must have taken that over 2 years ago. Yes, quite an assortment of rifles avail at Tips. Each side of the rack holds 25 rifles & there is always two racks full = 100 rifles, plus he always has more in the making & some in the travel truck he takes to the shows.
Most of the "in-the-white" rifles range from $ 795 to $1295, depending on the style, wood grade & etc. LOTS of dif. styles.

:thumbsup:

Dang sure wish I had a candy store like that in my neck of the woods. :thumbsup:

ray franks is a good guy and has some great prices. heres his website i am ordering a lancaster kit from him

http://www.sittingfoxmuzzleloaders.
good luck on earlyrusticarms, been trying to call them for 2 months, couldnt get an answer even as of today.

gmww said:
Dang sure wish I had a candy store like that in my neck of the woods. :thumbsup:

Yep, and Tip is a great guy to spend some time with even if you don't buy anything. :thumbsup:

I would also recommend Tip Curtis. I have been 100% satisfied in my dealings with Tip.

Back