• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for black powder friendly ranges near Pittsburgh

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all! I am hoping to get some casual range time this summer, so far I have heard positive things about the Forest Grove Sportsmen's Association, is anyone here a member?

Hello all! I am hoping to get some casual range time this summer, so far I have heard positive things about the Forest Grove Sportsmen's Association, is anyone here a member?
I'm not a member but every 3rd Sunday at 11am is a public woods walk that I go to. Just show up, bring $20 for range fees and prize entries. Round ball and open sights only. Hopefully we see you there

I'm not a member but every 3rd Sunday at 11am is a public woods walk that I go to. Just show up, bring $20 for range fees and prize entries. Round ball and open sights only. Hopefully we see you there
I would like to go to one of those but I only shoot maxis. I understand the open sights rule but any idea on the RB only rule?

I would like to go to one of those but I only shoot maxis. I understand the open sights rule but any idea on the RB only rule?
I think it's about wear and tear on the targets a .50 rb only weighs 177gr, vs 370? for a maxi ball. I don't know of anyone that allows conicals on woods walks around here.l, but I'm kinda new to this
If you're just shooting paper I don't think they would have the same restrictions, but I'm not a member so I can't say for sure

I think it's about wear and tear on the targets a .50 rb only weighs 177gr, vs 370? for a maxi ball. I don't know of anyone that allows conicals on woods walks around here.l, but I'm kinda new to this
If you're just shooting paper I don't think they would have the same restrictions, but I'm not a member so I can't say for sure
That makes sense. Thank you

I've shot there, as well as other at clubs with several of FGS members. great bunch of guys. They helped me when I started shooting my Bess and other smoothies. You could go on a shoot day, and just tell them you want to watch and talk to guys and check it out that way. Most clubs operate in the same way.

Latest posts

Back