• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lucky Dog...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The day before my birthday this year, I received a call from the Lansing Muzzleloader gun club, that I won their raffle rifle for tickets that I had purchased in March at the Michigan Living History Show in Kalamazoo. I have been attending shoots and this show since its conception almost 50 years and have bought tickets at every table, shoot event, and gun shows that had a raffle that I had attended all my life. And I was finally blessed with a rifle... I had no Idea at the time what gun I had won, as I purchased tickets at three different clubs having raffles during that show. I called my friend Norm to tell him, and he told me that I was a lucky dog, as it was a Judson Brennan piece. This rifle was the Michigan State Muzzle loading Champion ship raffle Gun back in 1978. My best friend Norm (who got me into Muzzleloading at the time) and myself competed at this 1978 match and bought tickets on the very same gun. I never thought I would win, but I finally won a holy Grail. I have always wanted a Judson Brennan firearm. I knew of the man back when we competed at Chief Okemos Gun club in the 70's, I took first place in their flint primitive match and won a handmade forged Damascus belt buckle that Jud had made for prizes. I still have it. Even at that time you could see what a great craftsman he was. My kind thanks to the Lansing Muzzleloading Gun Club and to the kind gentleman that donated this fine piece to be re-raffled.

Attachments

• jud brennen rifle 1977.jpg
    jud brennen rifle 1977.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 19804.jpeg
    19804.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 19799.jpeg
    19799.jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 19801.jpeg
    19801.jpeg
    314 KB · Views: 0
  • 19803.jpeg
    19803.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 0
Big congrats you lucky dog!! She is a beautiful piece! If she shoots half as good as she looks, you're in business. Savor the moment Bill.

The day before my birthday this year, I received a call from the Lansing Muzzleloader gun club, that I won their raffle rifle for tickets that I had purchased in March at the Michigan Living History Show in Kalamazoo. I have been attending shoots and this show since its conception almost 50 years and have bought tickets at every table, shoot event, and gun shows that had a raffle that I had attended all my life. And I was finally blessed with a rifle... I had no Idea at the time what gun I had won, as I purchased tickets at three different clubs having raffles during that show. I called my friend Norm to tell him, and he told me that I was a lucky dog, as it was a Judson Brennan piece. This rifle was the Michigan State Muzzle loading Champion ship raffle Gun back in 1978. My best friend Norm (who got me into Muzzleloading at the time) and myself competed at this 1978 match and bought tickets on the very same gun. I never thought I would win, but I finally won a holy Grail. I have always wanted a Judson Brennan firearm. I knew of the man back when we competed at Chief Okemos Gun club in the 70's, I took first place in their flint primitive match and won a handmade forged Damascus belt buckle that Jud had made for prizes. I still have it. Even at that time you could see what a great craftsman he was. My kind thanks to the Lansing Muzzleloading Gun Club and to the kind gentleman that donated this fine piece to be re-raffled.
I wasn't expecting such a nice piece as you have received? That rifle would make anyone proud if they were the owner! You are one fortunate fellow!

That’s damn fine luck
Congrats

Super! Darn nice gun! I've always bought tickets for the lotteries advertised in Muzzle Blasts and Muzzleloader, and never expected to win anything, it's the value of supporting a fine cause. My recent win of a Pedersoli Maple Mt. Rifle was a wonderful thing at my club's Spring Field Day. Best of luck with your treasure, it's a work of art. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back