• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mag-Spark

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of it...do you mean it's designed to be used on a traditional style percussion side lock?

I haven't heard of it either but I see Dixie is selling a T/C Flamethrower conversion for In Line guns. It uses a 209 primer in place of the #11 and says it gives a 700 degree higher temperature (which I don't doubt).
They also have an adapter for Small Rifle Primers which is a 1/4-28 thread. The way their talking in their catalog it can be used with "precussion guns" and when fired the primer is automatically "Pushed out of the nipple recess" I think I will use MY $9.95+postage to buy some more #11s.

I believe 700 degrees hotter flame is "BS" 209 primers give off a percentage of hotter flame but 700 degrees? they thro a higher volume of flame and are weather sealed that is the only advantage. to get a hotter flame you need to go to a musket nipple
weasel

I guess for the reasons that I decided to use
traditional sidelocks I'd want to stay with the traditional #11 type nipple & cap.
Used to use Pyrodex RS and select, but once I switched to Goex, there's no going back...real blackpowder is so fast it's instantaneous.
So I eliminate any ignition concerns by just using real blackpowder and always start a hunt with a fresh powder charge.

To me, using a modern, unnatural ignition source would defeat my whole purpose of buying a tradtional muzzleloader in the first place.

And a #11 cap sets off Goex blackpowder so fast
it's like shooting a .30-30 as it is, so I can't imagine it going off any faster...just my opinion
based upon personal experience

"To me, using a modern, unnatural ignition source would defeat my whole purpose of buying a tradtional muzzleloader in the first place"

Yeah, doggies! yer just a hop skip and a jump away from having a dead critter perched on top of yer head!

quote:Originally posted by weasel:
I believe 700 degrees hotter flame is "BS" 209 primers give off a percentage of hotter flame but 700 degrees? What if its a CCI-Magnum shotshell primer?
That would be hotter...

I use musket caps and I'm proud of it.
grin.gif

I have the specs temp and volumes of flame given off for no. 11, musket and 209 primers at work I am off today and tommorow and will post them on my next day at work most peoples eyes will be opened and wonder why all the fuss over 209primers weasel
those who can do those who can't inline

Back