• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Makin Bacon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
THE JINX IS BROKEN!!!! :blah:

Since I started hunting with the muzzies I haven't been able to connect on a pig ONCE til today.

Managed to eek out a rare day off today to go traipse around the swamp. I like to go out when it rains a bunch. It floods the swamp and they all pile up on the small islands to get out of the water.
You have some of this
Swamp2.jpg

and a WHOLE BUNCH of this
Swamp5.jpg

Saw a young forked buck sneaking off of one island, he would have been an easy shot but not for another month. About 30 minutes after that I crossed a game trail and stopped about 30 yards past it to get some water. Heard something behind me, turned around and there was a nice big boar, probably about 200lbs coming up the trail I just crossed. I saw him about 2 seconds before he got to where I had crossed and scented me. He trotted back the way he came without being really spooked. But I know where he lives now! :grin: I'll be back to visit.

Got to another little island and heard some rustling and saw the tops of some grass moving. Stalked up closer and there were 3-5 nice eating sized pigs rooting around and wallowing. I got to what turned out to be a tick under 40 yds and took a knee. Gave a loud squeek (they love rodents and will respond to a squeeky distress call), one of them stood up from wallowing and clickwhooshboom. DRT You can see where she was wallowing right next to where she fell.
DRT2.jpg

I don't think they had ever been shot at before. The rest of the sounder ran angled towards me and stopped in some brush about 20 yards away. I got down and reloaded again as quick as I could but they finally ran off before I could finish.

Turned out nice. Probably about 60-70lbs.
Petunia1s.jpg

Entry.jpg

She had this weird lump on her. I figured I would find a broadhead or something in it, but there wasn't.
Lump.jpg

Nice morning all in all. Can't wait to get back again this weekend.

:thumbsup:

SC whats that gun you used ...makes a good hole

great story thanks for telling it.

CHEERS!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Ya did good pilgram,congrats :applause: .Now fetch another un.Griz

I think I saw this post on another forum :wink: :wink: Congratulations Supercracker, and like Nicodemus said "Nice Rifle"

Oh well, what can you do.
I was thinking backwards and forwards how to make it happen - but sometimes it just doesn't come together.

Hey, you showed the pics and broke your streak - that's a good thing.

Maybe next time.

Silex

Back