• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Marvin Wotring and The Mounatin Rifle Shop

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backwoodsguy

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I don’t know how many WV locals are on here, but I thought I would pass on this information. I first met Marvin two years ago while on the search for black powder, as many of you know it is like the new black gold, and in some areas getting very hard to come by. I ended up meeting one of the most knowledgeable black powder shooters I have ever had the pleasure to speak with, and just a fine guy to talk with, and he likes to talk. He does not advertise and works out of a shop at his home. But he builds some of the finest guns I have even seen. He also stocks powder, patches, balls, and many handmade accessories.
The last time I was at his shop it was to have a clean out screw replaced on an Italian made .50, he drilled out the old screw and started to tap threads for a new one, before he started he paused for a moment and said, “You know the threads on this were metric, but I don’t do metric work I only have American taps will that be ok?” I had to laugh a little, but it was nice to see a man who still takes pride in the words MADE IN AMERICA. To top it off I think he only charged me a dollar for the work. http://wvubureau.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/continuing-the-legacy/

The Mountain Rifle Shop
Marvin Wotring
392 Upper Cobun Creek Road
Morgantown, WV 26508-3835

Last edited by a moderator:
backwoodsguy - thanks for your post and the link. The video of the outgoing West Virginia Mountaineer of the year passing the title and rifle to the incoming mountaineer was simply awesome!! It's nice to see the celebration of our heritage among young people today :applause:

My opinion is probably a little bias, but I don’t know of any other college in the country that has as much respect and pride in their mascot as they do their team than WVU.

Yep. Good old Marvin or "Marv" as we always use to call him. I don't think I've ever seen him not wearing bib overalls.

backwoodsguy said:
My opinion is probably a little bias, but I don’t know of any other college in the country that has as much respect and pride in their mascot as they do their team than WVU.

you can see that pride in the video :thumbsup:

Back