• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Missouri Muzzle loader season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit it right on the head. It is all about selling more tags. They are spineless and only worry about keeping the urban folks happy. Sales tax voters!

hawken hunter 60 said:
I tried to get some attention at the state level about some issues a few years ago about modern ML'rs. (in lines) All I got as a response was "we'll take it under advisement". As you can tell I got nowhere with it. It seems that traditionalists are getting tuned out more and more. I thought this might be a good read. http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/225581/

HH 60

Having done a fair amount of lobbying, I know it takes an organized effort with much pushing and shoving to get the attention of state agencies. Keep in mind, a bureaucrats only objective is to get one day closer to retirement each day. The smooth path is the one they will choose every time. You need to disrupt that path, big time, before you can get their attention and change direction. One letter won't do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pa. used to be like that also for x-bows now anybody can use them. The in-line crowd is screaming they want their in-lines in our late Flintlock season its getting ugly anymore. :cursing:

NO argument from me.

I don't know about PA but in VA the crossbows were added into "primitive weapons season" PRIMARILY because there are places in VA where there are over 200 WT per square mile. = Using crossbows is believed to have increased the kill of surplus deer, there.
(When I was living in VA, after counting 61 deer in our 1/3 acre suburban yard in a ONE HOUR period in September 2009, I was called repeatedly by the county's animal control officers & OFFERED a "depredation permit" to hunt with my crossbow IN the city/county parks, as the deer were eating EVERYTHING, including all the flowers, shrubbery & the bark off of the trees on private lawns.)

Note: Based on the gross over-population of deer in Fairfax County & in The City of Alexandria, I have suggested in writing to both jurisdictions that deer season be OPEN all year, until/unless deer populations fall to a "sustainable level".

yours, satx

satx78247 said:
I don't know about PA but in VA the crossbows were added into "primitive weapons season"

Since crossbows were around at least 1600 years before the flintlock showed up on the scene, it's tough to argue it's not a "primitive weapon" - especially if it's of the recurve (non-compound) design.

Back