• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Most Difficult Part?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pcrum: The only barrels I have had inlet just like I wanted them were done by Fred Miller. Every precarve I ever used I either had to raise the barrel or lower it, and usually have move ther barrel back also. I am real particular where the vent goes & want it center of the flat.........
As for waiting for the parts, I usually order them 6 mo before I build it, so it is here when I want them. Usually they are here in a week unless it is something real odd. But I ALWAYS check stock when I order. If I should receive the parts & a major component is missing ? ALL of it goes back......... I am not playing games of "We had it & sold it". When they tell you it is in stock & you place the order, they should pull it then for you, if there is only on or two of such an item, they should go verify it & tell you.
However, buying from Chambers, Dunlaps, MBS, & Tip Curtis Frontier Shop I have not had this problem.

Good Luck with our rifle & take your time.

:thumbsup:

Small aside to Wildatheart, I don't know what method you are using to inlet the tang on your Jaeger buttplate but when I did mine I simply coated the back of the plate in soot and gouged off wherever the soot appeared on the wood, this takes awhile but it worked pretty well for me. Here's some pics so you can see the finished product

Forearm Wire Inlay

Buttplate Tang

Patchbox

Wrist/Lock

By the way... did you get that kit from Pecatonica?

Scharfrichter, welcome to the board! :peace:
You've got us confused. The pictures of the buttplate belong to Birddog :thumbsup:, an accomplished builder. I'm a novice and wouldn't dare post closeups of my work! :redface: :cry:
But yes, my gun is a kit from Pecatonica.

Acra Gard? What is this and where do you get it?

Wild at heart: you lost me on that one??

Zonie,
Scharfricher apparently confused me with Birddog6's thread about his buttplate. Now, I don't know what he looks like, but if you saw my butt(plate), we'll there's no confusion! :redface:

Back