• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Moulds for .550 round balls

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is a situation where you would need to have dixie gun works or jeff tanner make you a mould. That is what i'll most likely end up doing. I'll probly end up with a dixie mould cause they be cheaper. :peace:

TC made/makes? a mold for their .56 smoothie that throws a .550 ball if they are not available new there may be one on one of the auction sites. I use that mould or a .562 in .58 smoothbores.

Just in case you didn't know, they still sell the .550 roundball at Thunder Ridge Muzzleloading...

They can hold you in projectiles until you find/get made a mold...

Item #10550 .550 ball for .56 cal 50 esch $8.68

Here's the link: BALL & BULLET

Back