• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mowrey/Mowry

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jumbeaux

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Have a brass framed 50 caliber Mowrey rifle (just aquired). No marking excepect 50 and serial number 10XXX stamped on barrel. Has very nice well figured wood and the brass curved hooked(?) butt plate.....Anyone have an idea on manufacture date and if it is a Texas made rifle ? I am really not too sure if I am gonna hang on to it...can't seem to get accustomed to the butt plate....only bad thing about buying off the internet...thanks y'all

rick

They had a certain following. Interesting, kinda different type of muzzle loader. I understand Mowrey went out of business and the company was purchased by someone else and the models are still being made.

I had one of those many years back. They are a well-made, and, I believe, a Texas gun but the buttplate on mine was terrible as far as recoil was concerned. Even modest 50 caliber loads were painful to shoot.

Back