• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mud Pond, reflections of August.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pittsburghunter

50 Cal.
Reaction score
This is Mud Pond in Pittsburg NH, the only way to get to where this photo is taken is to walk down my driveway and follow the short trail to the pond. (well you could go through the woods all the way there)

Enjoy..

DSCF0331.jpg

Pittsburghunter,
Great Picture! How is the
fishing? And when am I invited.
Thanks in advance :rotf: :rotf:
snake-eyes

There are few fish in the pond even though the water is clean enough to support them the pond is spring fed off Shatney Mnt and drains into lowlands creating a swamp per se. There are some shiners and trout that have managed to find there way into it but by all means it is more of a wildlife hang out. I do see fish jumping in there (trout) but am more likely to spot a herring, various ducks, geese, beaver and moose.

It is called Mud Pond because the bottom is very soft and if you step into a foot of water you will sink almost all the way up to your crotch. The pond is only about 10' deep at it's deepest.

We still have a small dock and John boat for rowing around taking pictures and such but save our worms for the ponds less than half a mile away :grin:

I was standing on the dock when I took that pic.

We have a lake that looks just like that here in colorado.Full of bass and trout.Awsome picture :thumbsup:

Back