• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

muzzleloading movie library

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onausable

32 Cal.
Reaction score
It was raining the other day and there was nothing good on the tube so I started thinking what I wished was on. What is in your muzzleloading movie library? Davey Crocket, King of the Wild Frontier? Jeramiah Johnson, The mountain men? What are the must haves for a rainy day?

Those and ... also

Big Sky
The Kentuckian
Many Rivers to Cross
Last Of the Mohicans
The Patriot
Drums Along the Mohawk
Sacred Ground
The Alamo
Alamo2004
The Last Command
Iron Mistress
The Errol Flynn Pirate films
Crimson Pirate
Gone to Texas

What I would like to have ...

Northwest Passage
A Man in the Wilderness
The Way West
Across the Great Divide
The Unconquered
:hatsoff:

Davy

Davy said:
The Errol Flynn Pirate films

Good to see you have a Tasmanian in your list! :thumbsup:

a bit of info:

20 Jun 1909 Errol Leslie Thompson Flynn born, Hobart, Tasmania.
1933 Offered part of Fletcher Christian in movie In the Wake of the Bounty. Flynn's mother is descended from Midshipman Young of the real HMS Bounty.
1933 Arrives in London.
early 1935 Arrives in Hollywood.
Jun 1935 Marries French actress Lili Damita.
20 Mar 1937 Meets with Abwehr agent Dr. Hermann F. Erben, Paris. This meeting somehow turns Flynn into a "Nazi spy."
31 May 1941 Son, Sean, born.
Aug 1941 Loses his schnauzer puppy Arno, after the dog is swept off the deck of his boat Sirocco.
1942 Became an American citizen.
c. 1942 Classified 4-F: "unfit for military duty."
c. 1942 Purchases a Van Gogh looted by the Nazis and smuggled out of France, for $48,000. Treasury Department.
Apr 1942 Divorces Lili Damita.
Nov 1942 Charged with (3 counts) statutory rape of Peggy LaRue Satterlee and Betsy Hansen.
Feb 1943 Rape trial, Los Angeles Superior Court.
6 Feb 1943 Acquitted of rape.
Aug 1943 Marries Nora Eddington Black.
10 Jan 1945 Daughter, Deirdre, born.
12 Mar 1947 Son, Rory, born.
7 Jul 1948 Divorces Nora Eddington.
Oct 1950 Marries Patrice Wymore.
25 Dec 1953 Daughter, Arnella, born.
1954 Signs a Last Will and Testament.
c. 1958 Flynn's attorney Melvin Belli appointed guardian of underage starlet/girlfriend Beverly Aadland. Aadland was Flynn's jailbait girlfriend the last two years of his life.
9 Oct 1959 Errol Flynn and girlfriend Beverly Aadland fly from Los Angeles to Vancouver, British Columbia.
14 Oct 1959 Errol Flynn dies of a heart attack, Vancouver, British Columbia. Buried in Garden of Everlasting Peace, Glendale CA.
1959 Posthumous autobiography, My Wicked, Wicked Ways.
Apr 1970 Son, Sean Flynn, disappears in Cambodia. He was a photojournalist for Time/Life, Inc.
1984 Son, Sean Flynn, declared legally dead.
21 Mar 1994 Lili Damita dies, Palm Beach FL.
1995 Chosen #86 of 100 Sexiest Stars in Film History, by Empire.
Mar 1998 Selected by People as one of the "Most Intriguing People of the Century."
21 Sep 1998 Daughter, Arnella, dies.

Last Of the Mohicans
The Patriot
The Mountain Men
Quigley Down Under
How the West Was Won
Centennial
Dances With Wolves.
Last Of The Dogmen
Man Called Horse
The Long Riders
The Outlaw Josie Wales
Black Robe
Jeramiah Johnson
Lonesome Dove

Cool ; Now where can we find these to download? cant aford to buy them all and dont forget 12oclock high ,just for a change from BP. Bob

Almost Heroes Stupid movie yet an interesting attempt in most of the costume and props are quite correct in appearence and use. May be more accurate than we would care to believe. :rotf:

I remember enjoying "Into the West" which was a made for TV series TNT IIRC had on a year or 2 ago.

I'm glad "The Big Sky" was mentioned. I think it has to be one of my favorites.

Let's add Sargent York starring Gary Cooper. I love the turkey shoot for the beef critter.

One I don't see mentioned is "Across the Wide Missouri". It was pretty good for being made back in the 50s. The narration was a little tedious but I enjoyed it. It was filmed just outside Gillette and had the premire there. I knew some people who went to it.

It is kind of a take off on the Sublette-Mountain Lamb story with Clark Gable and Ricardo Montoban as the bad indian. It's the first time I saw the old "shoot the ramrod through the bad guy" scene.

I would like to add "The Covenant Chain" with Pierce Brosnon as Sir William Johnson.

Regards, Dave

dvlmstr said:
I would like to add "The Covenant Chain" with Pierce Brosnon as Sir William Johnson.

Regards, Dave

I think that is called "The Broken Chain" on the IMDB site! :hatsoff:

Also theres Revolution with Al Pacino

Davy

"Barry Lyndon" was a great movie. The scenery and costuming was fabulous. Great story line too. It's a two tape set. I don't know if they have it out on DVD yet or not.

Cooner54 said:
"Barry Lyndon" was a great movie. The scenery and costuming was fabulous. Great story line too. It's a two tape set. I don't know if they have it out on DVD yet or not.

According to what I just read its been out on dvd since 2003. :grin:

Also there "The Duelists"

and ZULU and Zulu Dawn

Davy

If the British Army was still usin' muzzleloaders when they met the Zulus, the empire would'a been a lot smaller. :blah:

Most of the movies mentioned come from well written books - I am not much into movies but, I read a lot - I offer the suggestion of any of the books by author Allen Eckert in his Winning of America series, from the Frontersman about Simon Kenton to A Sorrow in Our Heart - The Life of Techumseh, they are all must reads.

Slamfire said:
If the British Army was still usin' muzzleloaders when they met the Zulus, the empire would'a been a lot smaller. :blah:

Too true ... but the Zulus did actually use some muzzleloaders from what I understand, and it WAS Black Powder used in the Martinis! :grin:

I love to read as well! :thumbsup:

Davy

I agree the Alan Eckert books are great. I have read them all although it was some time ago.

Latest posts

Back