• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading Supplies I have had GREAT SERVICE FROM

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mail order virtually everything I need from the States, except powder and ball which I buy in my local Ontario gun shop (luckily a big BP supplier, but only shooting supplies and Pedersoli guns and accountrements). I've never had any problems with anyone I've ordered from in the States, and my main worry, that there would be border and customs problems with some of the stuff, has proved not to be a problem at all - so far - touch wood. The delivery times have usually been excellent, sometimes less than ten days from the shipment date, pretty good when you consider the border crossing etc. I've had faultless service from Chambers, TOW and Cabin Creek - plus some others I've probably forgotten. And everyone has been very courteous and helpful. A big two thumbs up for the good old US of A as far as I'm concerned.

Gave it some thought and realized I can't think of any that I have any serious complaints with. All that I've dealt with have been good to deal with, though each has it strengths.

Regarding back-orders, I guess the way the vendor handles that is good or bad based on your own preferences. If they take your money and ship it to you later, you're kinda stuck waiting for them to get it in, which in some cases has taken much longer than I would have liked. On the other hand, if they say "we don't have it, reorder later," you have the option to go look somewhere else if you need it right now. A matter of choice as to which you prefer.

I'm very happy to see that Track now labels on their web site those things which are out-of-stock so you know upfront that if you order it from them you might be waiting on it for a while.

Folks I've had good dealings with:

Track of the Wolf
Log Cabin Sport Shop
The Possible Shop
October Country
J&J Pyrotechnics (GOEX Powder)
Bee's Wax From Beekeepers
Precision Reloading (lead shot for the smoothbore)

And I've had enjoyable dealings with several members of this forum.

Re: Dixon's Muzzleloading Shop...

Pasquenel said:
Only one caution do not leave them a gun on consignment---if they sell you will get store credit not cash. :(

I currently have a gun on consignment at Dixon's and when I read this yesterday I gave them a call to verify (I'm looking for cash when it sells!). The statement quoted above is NOT the case! They will pay you with cash (or a check) for a consignment sale. The confusion might be that they only give store credit for any items returned. I promised Mrs. Dixon I'd set the record straight!

Dixon's Muzzleloading Shop and Track Of The Wolf get my votes, too!

For other period items, Jas. Townsend & Son , Tentsmiths , G. Gedney Godwin , Backwoods Tin , Panther Primitives, Ohio Valley Peddler, Rich & Jeanne McDonald - Long Knives & Leather and The Silly Sisters all have awesome customer service, IMO. :hatsoff:

Dixon's, TOTW, Townsend, Gedney, Panther Primatives, C&D Jarnigan, Smiling Fox, and Fugawee have all given me excellent service.

Track of the Wolf gets my vote too. One I haven't seen mentioned yet is the Gun Works Muzzleloading Emporium in Oregon. Joe and Suzi will bend over backwards to make sure you're a happy customer.

I meant October Country, not Cabin Creek earlier - got confused. Had a really nice powder horn and bag from Oct Country about a year ago.

Kind of surprised not to see Dixie Gun Works get a mention (unless I missed it). I've used them for several items such as Ampco nipples, rosewood grips etc and they arrive airmail here in the U.K in around 8 - 10 days. Always keep me updated with emails regarding shipping dates etc.

Dixie Gun Works

Tight Wad :hatsoff:

TVM

October Country

Muzzleloader Building Supply

Track of the Wolf (But ask about each item to make sure that it is in stock!)

G Gedney Godwin

Brownell's has some great tools and parts

Cabelas and Track of the Wolf so far have been good. I have enough resources in the area that I don't have to rely on the internet but am interested in possibilities.

I get 99.9% of what I get from TOW and they have always treated me right. I spend a lot of time on their web-site also and am very thankful they have it.
Log Cabin has been good also.

The Gun Works Muzzleloading Emporium.[url] www.thegunworks.com[/url]
Nice people and a small time shop. I came across them when I lived in Oregon. They have the biggest smoke pole shop on the West Coast.
I still order from them even if it takes a little longer to get to me in NY.
Just yesterday a small $30.00 order seemed to be late. I gave them a call. They treated that order like it was a $3000.00 order. Two return phone calls plus an e-mail that same day. :) As it turns out the UPS truck was running late and it showed up.
I make it back to Oregon once a year and it's my highlight just to stop in and browse all the stuff we're all addicted to, Yeh,OK I'm buying and just not browsing. :grin: Check them out and stop in if you can.
Highly recommend. Three thumbs up! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back