• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My 4-gauge rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ghettogun said:
"Squirrel gun" load. 125 Grains fg,.020 pillowticking patch and a 1 1/4 lb. grey squirrel Hold 6" high at 100 yards. Oh, and load tail first. It's extra cool if you outfit the squirrel with a superman cape.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Jethro224 said:
Ghettogun said:
"Squirrel gun" load. 125 Grains fg,.020 pillowticking patch and a 1 1/4 lb. grey squirrel Hold 6" high at 100 yards. Oh, and load tail first. It's extra cool if you outfit the squirrel with a superman cape.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: 2nd that!
Put's a whole new meaning to the term
"Barking Squirrel"

Owning a beautuiful piece like that and NOT shooting it ia akin to having a Ferrari in the garage and driving your kid's '87 Honda...that big boy just BEGS to be shot!! I'll volunteer to test drive it. I'm old and in pain all the time anyway so I'd hardly notice...

Yes that is where I purchased mine. I believe I read some where Mr. Kern passed away not too long ago, however I could be wrong. I'm sure Joe would be glad to supply you with the builder's name. The Gun Works is a great place to do business with. I'm planning on contacting them about a 4-gauge rb mold. Will need to up my lead supply. And I :thumbsup: will report in when I do shoot it. :thumbsup:

"I'm planning on contacting them about a 4-gauge rb mold. Will need to up my lead supply. And I will report in when I do shoot it."

What is the bore diameter? Rifled or smooth?

NEI Handtools lists RB moulds up to 1.118" and conicals up to 1.022".

If its a smoothbore, you can shoot wheel weights or whatever "scrap lead" you have. IIRC, the African hunters did use hardened RBs (antimony and/or tin) on the largest game.

I just talked to Joe and Suzi at The Gun Works and have a 4-gauge mold/handle coming my way. Not cheap by any means, but guess the demand isn't that great. Also ordered a lead pot from Midway and maybe some time next week I'll make balls. Boy I'm going to need a new supply of lead. As to the bore size I don't remember, however since the gun came from The Gun Works it will be the correct size. Now if the weather shows some indication of improving that will boost my desire to do sumptin. Will share the molding experience...a long time ago I did mold a lot of bullets, however nothing near the size of the 4 gauge. Should be a fun experience, I hope. :hatsoff:

Give me a ring when you get ready to cast & I'll come by and see if I can help. I've been doing a bunch lately. And I'll return your Hornet dies :grin:

Will do! Always ready to accept good help. I also ordered a .715 rb mold from TOW for my Kodiak. So, if I can round up enough lead we can mold both. :v

this gun, is my dream...
I have Kodiaks, .58 and .72, but is it very expensive for me..
Im 4bore fan...

Back