• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My first hunt with my Flintlocks...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Stephens

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Went on my first hunting trip with my new to me flintlocks , have taken a fair amount of critters with a cap lock in years past. Got the bug again and picked up a 54cal GP and an old poor boy 32cal. Had a fun weekend of burning powder...

Hope the photos work....

,,,Sam,,,,

Well that's really a haul for a days hunt!!
:thumbsup:

(And is that a jack rabbit or a kangaroo, LOL)

Nice shoot'n Sam and looks like it was a great day to be afield! :hatsoff:

Holy manure that is what I call a weekend having fun. That's a pile of fur.

Think those flints are smokin'!

'cept for the hog seems a bit wasteful but if some of those aren't the biggest raccoons and the biggest jackrabbit I think I've seen... Jeez!

I think the lead I shot wasent wasted at all , the Fox and coons will make some fine furs and the Jack in my crokpot will make a fine meal. But everyone has a right to an opinion....

I will give the specks on the guns and loads and the hunt later , having a rough night at the firehouse , thanks for the kind words guys....

,,,,Sam,,,

Alden said:
Think those flints are smokin'!

'cept for the hog seems a bit wasteful but if some of those aren't the biggest raccoons and the biggest jackrabbit I think I've seen... Jeez!
Critters get big down here...deer, not so much! One of those anomaly things...we think it's UFOs! :rotf:

Cooking those big jacks is a real art-form too. Doing the stuck-on'a-stick-over-the-fire thing is pretty much guaranteed to leave you gumming away on boot sole! :wink:

Latest posts

Back