• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kentuckywindage

62 Cal.
Reaction score
A horrible day to choose as it was 90* and the sun was just beating down on me. 5 shots total, 3 for the group and 2 more 15 minutes later once I adjusted my sight, reloaded my tubes and then went back outside. The only thing I can say about shots 4& 5, I noticed the sun was behind the clouds and I was able to make out my rear sight a lot more clearly. I will leave it 2" high for now.

110gr goex 2f

.020" moose milk lubed patches

.562" homecast round ball

100 yards.

I really need to make a sun shade for the rear sight, when the sun is out, I just get to much darn glare that gives me 2 rear sights to aim with LOL.

Very good shooting. :thumbsup:
But a mini gripe. :cursing: Actually, maybe a bit snobbish on my part. :(
But, when I see a thread titled "Hawken" I expect to see a HAWKEN, not a factory made TC. Personally, on forums, not just here, if I refer to a TC I do it this way: "TC 'hawken' ".
Otherwise, congrats on being a good ml'er. :v

Good thing its not a TC then :rotf:

CVA Hawken with a CVA Mountain Rifle barrel I fitted to the Hawken stock. Luckily I bought the rarer 1" barrel channel hawken stock on fleabay.

Kentuckywindage said:
I really need to make a sun shade for the rear sight, when the sun is out, I just get to much darn glare that gives me 2 rear sights to aim with LOL.

You might try just smoking them with a match. Heck, I've even managed to do it with a Bic lighter. It really helps.

The rifle looks fine to me. I have a Investarms 58 that taking a while to get fine tuned as the same load your using but with .570's give me problems after about 10 shots. I then go to my GPR 54 with 85 grains and it feels like a pellet gun.

Geo. T.

Rifleman1776 said:
Very good shooting. :thumbsup:
But a mini gripe. :cursing: Actually, maybe a bit snobbish on my part. :(
But, when I see a thread titled "Hawken" I expect to see a HAWKEN, not a factory made TC. Personally, on forums, not just here, if I refer to a TC I do it this way: "TC 'hawken' ".
Otherwise, congrats on being a good ml'er. :v
Yep on the snobbish.

By now, most folks here are attuned to TC, CVA, Lyman, Investarms, and all the usual factory-mades. It's rare that anyone actually posts about their honest-to-goodness Hawken.

I'm thinkin that you were you just baitin' the newbie?

6,888 posts in 27 months to snipe at a guy with a TC Hawken? Are you trying to make up for the 72 years you missed out!? Well, one of my Hawkens is a TC. That's right. And one of them isn't, too...

I have to say that I own several T.C. Renegades. Did own a T.C.Hawken rifle one time.
Have shot plenty of custom made Hawkens as well as several factory reproductions. As to which were more accurate... both types were the same in the accuracy department.
Don't think that more expensive rifles or originals make a person a better shot or a better person.
Vearl

6,888 posts in 27 months to snipe at a guy with a TC Hawken? Are you trying to make up for the 72 years you missed out!?

Relax. I own two TCs. One a Seneca, the other a 'hawken'. I have owned them since aproximately 1970. Both have won numerous matches.
I just would like to see the threads posted correctly. Really, seeing a post on a nicely made Hawken replica would be fun.

Sorry, I haven't noticed such reactions in any of your eight or nine posts a day that I may have read.

How do you react when someone uses just "rifle" then? "Caplock"!? You'd go ballistic if they "incorrectly" used only "gun" in the subject I suppose...

:hmm:

Alden said:
Sorry, I haven't noticed such reactions in any of your eight or nine posts a day that I may have read.

How do you react when someone uses just "rifle" then? "Caplock"!? You'd go ballistic if they "incorrectly" used only "gun" in the subject I suppose...

:hmm:

Nope. But I do get pretty :cursing: when someone uses "weapon" to describe most firearms.

I can hang with the best of them shooting my ole trusted TC Hawkens. Its tough to beat 3-4 inch consistant groups with any muzzleloader at 100 yards benched. Granted its not 100% stock but its still a TC Hawkens

Kentuckywindage said:
I guess I better not post a picture of my Kentucky rifle... A traditions kentucky rifle that is :blah:

Ya, I'd better not post a pic of my ever-so-incorrect Cabelas / Investarms ummm... "Hawken". Sight of all that brass buttplate, triggerguard, patchbox, thimbles, and wedge escutcheons would likely make the snooty-tooties weak in the knees and likely to vomit at such a sight.

AZbpBurner said:
Ya, I'd better not post a pic of my ever-so-incorrect Cabelas / Investarms ummm... "Hawken". Sight of all that brass buttplate, triggerguard, patchbox, thimbles, and wedge escutcheons would likely make the snooty-tooties weak in the knees and likely to vomit at such a sight.

Nah, it'd take glass reflectors and coon tails to get that kind of reaction! :rotf:

Back