• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My kit during Pa early doe season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had no luck with the deer or bear, figured I’d share a picture of my kit that I took.

Attachments

• C7B28084-0AAA-476E-8A2D-9E54FD13A205.png
    C7B28084-0AAA-476E-8A2D-9E54FD13A205.png
    719.1 KB
Went to camp , Monday. Two of us showed as one guy had a very sick wife. We ate well , the coffee pot was bottomless , and pie was in season as well. My partner on the hunt is an old retired state trooper , soooooooo , doughnuts were a must to control his state of mind. We did see about 8 or 10 deer between us , w/no shooting. We had a full moon all night , causing the deer to start moving just at dark. Killed a stump to unload my rifle just before we headed for home.. Another successful hunt ......................oldwood

Nice kit!! There’s something about roaming the woods, flintlock in hand. I hunted Pa all week with my smoothbore, no luck. Since it’s does only, naturally I had a beauty of an 8 pointer feeding in front of me for an hour!!
Bring on the late flintlock season!!

A nice looking rifle and kit are something to look at and handle when the game is being elusive.

I've often wondered how many deer have sneaked past me while sitting in my stand staring at the figure in my rifle stock instead of paying attention for approaching game! :rolleyes:

I had no luck with the deer or bear, figured I’d share a picture of my kit that I took.

You're out there doing what i wish i was doing this month. Muleys are already acting rutty, since about Halloween. I saw a change last week on my way to work. Now its just about every morning on work drive out to the reservation. 80 miles through nothingland busting 50 hour work weeks with a 2 hour drive each way... going right past bucks on the praire and about a half dozen coyotes each way. Man, Id honestly give just about anything to be out there with your kit right about now. I say enjoy the nature and don't take it for granted. Im at this till the end of the month.

By the way, man, i bowhunted blackbears quite a bit while living in the catskills. Will never forget it.

Last edited:
Back