• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My new shooting bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1eyemountainmen

40 Cal.
Reaction score
This is my new shooting "possibles" bag for my Hawken rifle. Any suggestions to make it better?
See pics below :hatsoff:

Let's try that again???
DVC00115.jpg

DVC00116.jpg

DVC00117.jpg

I like it one eyed.
Looks real good.
Is your Hawken cap or flint?
Have you got any accouterments for the inside?

Nice looking bag. For me I'm more with brain tanned leather, looks more natural to me and when making a bag on my own it is softer and can be stitched more easily. no need to use an ale.

Have a pic of mine handmade under "the craftsmen"-topic, Thread §bag kit". You could habe a look if you want.

That's a fine bag right there. Great color! That horn is a great match. :hatsoff:

Is the shoulder strap adjustable? How wide is it. It looks a bit skinny for my tastes. I like straps closer to 2 inches. And adjustability on the strap may need to be an option if you go hunt/shoot with heavy cloths on. Just a couple thoughts...

I really like the look of the hearts on the flap. Are they a different leather than the rest of the bag?

Looks good 1eye....would that be a buffler horn? Shur looks like it....had on once, sold it 'cause the other guy wanted more that I did,now wish I had it back
bouncer

You want to make it look better send it to me it will look better hanging on my sholder :rotf:
nice job.

Ephraim

Back