• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Second MZ Win: A Scrubber!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Around here we call unbranded stock "mavericks". By law they should belong to the land owner or leaseholder unless proven otherwise. I think, in AZ, they would require a livestock inspector to approve killing one. I'm not sure about other states.

Back in my youth, I had helped corral a bunch of cattle and cut out the weining age calves for shipping. There was a 2 year old steer that had been collected that year that had escaped out of the pen the year before. The rancher wanted to be sure and get him this year, but he jumped the fence of the corral and took off. As he was running away, the rancher yelled at the State livestock inspector who was there to inspect the cattle for shipping "Write me a kill inspection on that one". The next time he found it in a water lot, he shot it and we ate it.

Back