• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My York is finished!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agill

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi all. My rifle is done except for sighting in and coning the barrel. It has been a wonderful experience and thank you all for your help and encouragement.

P1010008.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010002-3.jpg

P1010001-4.jpg

P1010004.jpg

Thanks,
Allen

Well, Allen, that's about beautiful! :hatsoff:
may I ask how many builds are under your belt?

Steve

StevePrice2 said:
Well, Allen, that's about beautiful! :hatsoff:
may I ask how many builds are under your belt?

Steve

Just this one. Thank you.

If I didn't know any better, I would say that it must be your 3rd or 4th attempt. Very, very nice. :thumbsup:

FH , very nice work. I like the color, nice warm mellow look to it.Bet you can't wait to shoot it. Wait till you put a ball smack dab in the middle of the black, or harvest your first game animal( if you hunt ), that will really get your chest puffed up, and it should ... that's some mighty fine work you did. :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone.

Yes, I can't wait to shoot and take it hunting!

It is humbling though. I didn't notice until looking at the pics that I forgot to engrave a line on the star. :doh:

I guess I could leave it that way. Might put the line in. What do you think?

Nice work FlintHunter !
You've set the bar high for the current class of first-timers.
How'd you end of fixing that little gap at the cheekside heel of the buttplate ?
Seemed to pretty much disappear, whatever ya did.
what's next for ya ?!?

MeteorMan said:
Nice work FlintHunter !
You've set the bar high for the current class of first-timers.
How'd you end of fixing that little gap at the cheekside heel of the buttplate ?
Seemed to pretty much disappear, whatever ya did.
what's next for ya ?!?

Sliver of wood.

I cut a sliver and stained it and the butt. Glued it and put the buttplate on with a lttle pressure from the screws. Then sanded it to size.

The missing piece of wood was due to a chipout when I inletted the buttplate.

Thanks everyone for the comments--Allen

My God that came out nice! The carving, inlays, everything is beautiful. :applause: :applause:

Now you can start thinking about the next one!

Really nice! :hatsoff:

I am working on my first build from parts and I hope it comes out that nice.

Back