• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

narragansett arms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flintleather

Gray Whiskers
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to these guys? I tried thier website with no luck are they still in business? I really like the looks and price of thier Culpeper Virginia rifle! Does anyone have any experience with them? If so is there a new web address? Thanks in advance.

do a search on their name on these forums, bad JuJu a few months back. Possibly belly-up by now.

I and numerous other people lost money to Narragansett. We banded together, and we got our money back. I'll leave it at that.

I heard some unsavory complaints concerning them.

Sounds like a good idea to keep yer distance from them.

From what I have heard, you might consider only buying what you can hold in your hand and meets your approval before any payment is made.

That is actually not a bad policy anyway.

CS

After a long, long wait, I received a Narragansett Armes club butt fowler in September. I was concerned how it would look and function when Terry called to say it was ready for delivery. The gun arrived in one piece, very nice, figured cherry wood, stock to barrel fit is very good as is the lock to stock. To date, in the neighborhood of 40 shots, the L&R Queen Anne lock has performed flawlessly. There have been no misfires/hangfires, the blast is almost instantaneous with the pan flash, exception was one evening's hunt at the end of damp day, I hadn't changed the priming powder. My son shot it and there was a delay of a fraction of a second. All in all, now that the gun is in hand, I am very pleased with it. That being said, it was an ordeal getting it. If I were to make a guess, and its only a guess, I suspect the new owner may have been overly ambitious in taking orders, being able to keep up with demands, who knows. If he stays in the business, it would seem he has a long road to earn back respect. He has made great progress with me, in the end keeping his word and providing me with a fine firearm. Just a minority view, I can understand where the others are coming from. I decided to be patient and ride out the storm.

Several years ago I ordered an Early Virginia rifle from them. Of course this was under the previous ownership. I was told it would take about six months--received it in 4 1/2 months. I have been very pleased with it--I can honestly say it is probably my favorite of my four flinters.

Latest posts

Back