• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

need a muzzleloader store

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what you're looking for but we have a lot of links to on line companies in our resource section. I get 90% of my stuff from midsouth shooters supply.

HD

Depends what you want. Basic stuff can be found at Bass Pro Shop just across the water in Hampton, but is expensive. Southern Gun works in Suffolk caters to civil war re-enactors. Minor odds and ends at some local gun shops and stores. The only shop that used to cater to muzzleloading in the immediate area was Indian River Gun Works and unfortunately they closed up shop a few years ago. :( Online or at events is where I get the majority of my supplies and such now.

I am in hampton and there isn't much in the area. The gun shows have a little but not much. There was a somewhat decent shop here but he closed down. I do everything online now. Old Virginia Primative Rifle's[url] OVPR.org[/url] is having a rondy in march. they have a bit of stuff also. But the best bet is online. It also depends what you are looking for because there is a lot of Civil war stuff around. But not my thing.

SF

Last edited by a moderator:
we may have to get together and shoot sometimes. the website must be down, where is it located at.

You might try GreenTop up in Glen Allen, Va. Maybe 5 miles north of Richmond.

Green Top Gun Shop
10193 Washington Hwy Ӣ Glen Allen, Va 23059
We're Open 7 Days A Week: M-F 8am-9pm Ӣ Sat 8am-6pm Ӣ Sun 9am-5pm
Phone: 804.550.2188 FAX: 804.550.2693

Green Top in Glen Allen (US1 north of Richmond) may be the largest hunting/fishing shop in VA but their muzzleloading is mostly in-xxxxs with a few CW replicas. They do not sell black powder, only Pyrodex. Bob Moates on 360 just west of Richmond has the only real selection of traditional guns in central VA (not a great many but a fair representation) & has a lot of BP knowledge. He sells Goex. He also had a nice .36 flint a month ago. You will likely have to get a lot of gear online or by catalog.

Thanks for the info. My sons live in Virginia, I used to, so its good to know where to be able to get stuff. I will be going to Va this Fall for deer season and taking a BP rifle with me, so it is good to know where to buy powder. (I'm a purist, I only use black.) Oh, by the way, Gander Mtn on Rte 3 in Spotsylvania sells black powder too.

Not many rendezvous type events in the immediate area. Like mentioned OVPR has a spring and fall rendezvous. Ft. Frederick Market Fair is a good one in Big Pool, Maryland to get stuff. There's a indoor event coming up March 3-4 in Frederick, Maryland. Most events I go to are up in northern Virginia.(Shenandoah Longrifles) When you get to a couple that helps to find more. Many state clubs have a shoot book that lists clubs and such. That may help you find events within a reasonable distance. Civil War events are what is mainly in the immediate area.
New rondy event coming to Hertford, NC this fall but will probably be small since its brand new to that area. (Started as a demo last year). Not much close here.........

If you get the powder horn news or smoke & fire news, they have good listings of events that may be in your area. They also have some advertizers in their papers.

I don't know about places in VA, but you could check the links page on our club website, you might find a place there. The trader links are by category, not state though. Sorry.[url] www.dacotahterritorymuzzleloaders.com[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back