• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need an underlug

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator_2

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am building a drop in barrel for my Thompson Center Seneca and I need the wedge-pin underlug. Track of the Wolf told me they had one but they don't. Thompson no longer has these underlugs for that gun. Track has some "staples" they use but they look rather light duty compared to the factory underlug. Does anyone know where this underlug might be found? Has anyone used the staples and what have been your experiences? Do they stand up? Thanks. Hank

Call Tip Curtis Frontier Shop (615)654-4445 and he will most likely have it. Also Cains Ourdoors in WV will have them too.... (800)445-1776

I have use the loops before but prefer dovetailed underlugs. The loops will hold fine as all it is doing is holding the wood to the barrel, however I just don't like the looks of the loops. :)

Good Luck

Birddog6

Try the Log Cabin Shop in Lodi, Ohio they are a TC warranty center. They hava an ad someplace on the suppliers pages. You could try making your own from bar stock.

Thanks to all of you who replied to my inquiry. I have called every one of the suggested sources and none have this part available. Henry

Ok, call me crazy. But if I called around and they didn't have the part, I would...

1. Look at every pawnshop, gunshow tec for a used barrel to strip this part off of. Might take some time, but ya might save a bit of money.

2. Get out the files, drill and a block of mild steel. Make it yourself. Yes, this will take some time, but what else do you have to do until spring gets here? :peace:

Jim Chambers had a bin full of them just a few weeks ago when I was there. i am sure he hasn't used them all.
Or do as suggested. Make one. Not that hard to do. Besdies it is good experience:)

Woody

here ya go Hank

Jim Chambers Flintlocks, Ltd.
116 Sam's Branch Road
Candler, North Carolina 28715
ph. 828/667-8361 (Mon-Sat 9 AM-5 PM)
fax 828/665-0852 (anytime)
email: [email protected]

Woody

Back