• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need help identifying this shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love these old English doubles. Have two 14ga. that could past for twins one has 36" long barrel and is proofed in Birmingham and the other has 35 1/2" barrels proofed in Belgium with the gold ban on breech area. Also have 8 English 12's. All put back into shooting condition by me and some looked as bad as yours...

Thank you all for your help. I'll really appreciate all the info and the history here. If I were going to try and sell this as an antique how much should I ask for it?

I'll add my 2 cents first off price is very difficult without having in my hands to inspect. They are going up in price like everything else related to firearms today. Years ago, that would have been in an old whiskey barrel setting in the corner of the locale gun shop with several others for about $30.00. About 5 years ago I picked one up that was in very nice condition with new nibbles installed and locks tuned ready to hunt with for $350 including shipping on GB. Last month picked up a 14 ga. that needed new nibbles and bores cleaned (polished) English gun at an online estate sale for $130 plus 50 to ship. Recently I picked up a 12ga with 30" barrels Belgium gun not as rough as yours in California for $ 280 including shipping to me in Virginia. I say yours is around $200 to the right guy. There only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Back