• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Needles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mcsteinscamp said:
Thanks Necchi & Brownbear. Never used an awl before, might have to see how that works out.

It's a whole new world. I used to use nothing but glovers needles, and gladly gave them up once I tried and awl.

Swampy said:
I just noticed, like anyone else I guess their prices have gone up. Seems to me my last order which has been a while, the 4 ply was 7 bucks and change but still beats Tandys price for what you get from them.
It is still quite a bit cheaper than Tandy; the last I got from them was the itty-bitty roll and it was much more than the price in your link for 100 yards! I initially got a few of those rolls of 4 ply waxed Irish linen cord for making self-bow strings. Thanks for sharing your source.

Mr Flint

I know how it goes....try pinching the waxed thred abetween your thumb & forefinhger to flatten it then it'll go through

Grant :yakyak:

threading-1.jpg

threading-2.jpg

thread-needle.jpg

Latest posts

Back