• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New beginner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest with you son, there isn't alot of people I respect in this world, but you sure have earned mine. Your parents did a fine job with you and I respect their choice. I respect your decision to do this one your own. The world is sorely in need of more young like you. Still, anything that I or anyone else here can do please let us know. I wasn't alone when I started, and most here weren't either. Good luck and make good smoke! :hatsoff:

Thanks guys. I've looked at Track of the Wolf like blackpowder scout suggested, and it seems like the only real main expense is for a gun. Everything else seems like I could pick it up here and there. My graduation is coming up this month, and since my mom sent out a stack of graduation announcements, I wouldnt be surprised if some "donations" start arriving in the mail :grin: But reallistically, a good chunk of my money should be set aside for the truck my dad bought me and for college. :shake: But theres no time like the present to start saving money!

Track, Jedediah-Starr, Possible Shop, Dixie Gun Works are all great to deal with.

I used to live and work in your area, still have folks down there until moving an hour north a few years ago.

Scour the pawn and gun shops, there are plenty of them in your area.

Last couple of visits to Gander, they had poor selections and too high of prices. Bass Pro in Orlando however, had BP pistols, caps, round ball, etc. in stock and at reasonable prices.

I'm cleaning up 3 .54 caliber CVA rifles, 2 Mountain rifles and a Hawken Hunter.

Back