• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Double flintlock fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Christiaan,

Did I miss it, or have you tested the double flinter yet? Inquiring minds want to know. :grin:

Tan

Not yet :(
I much as I want to I am just too busy. We have a big Muzzleloader gathering this weekend and hope to get the opportunity then. And get some input from other guys. I tried to just get the pan to give a flash but are finding it difficult. I'll read Paul's reply again cause I think the angle might be wrong.

I hope you take this as constructive and not mean spirited. The basic gun looks good and has a lot of promise. The one thing that stands out is there is way to much wood through the wrist. This is a problem with many makers when starting on a new project. They just quit cutting off wood way to soon. I think this should be a good product for the market at this time. :grin: :applause: :thumbsup:

Christiaan
I am utterly speechless!! Thank heavens I can type! This double barrel flintlock is absolutely gorgeous, I am new on this site and have been blown away at the talent just oozing through the wireless world. I am so so impressed.
As for improvements, I think many of the suggestions would make for excellent "options" In general I feel the tinkering would do well to focus on overall litening of this beautiful piece. I too would like a little more curve to the butt of the gun.
What is most important to me however is to congratulate the collaborators on such a worthwile project. Well done, well done indeed! Should these firearms become available I would like to keep abreast on how I may purchase my own.Best wishes Jet90

Mike Brooks said:
If I get a chance I'll post pictures of an actual british flint double.

Oops, forgot to take the boot off the top one :thumbsup:

3dg.jpg

Isn't it amazing how the Indian gun loooks just like an original British shotgun? :rotf:
bilby2.jpg
[/img]

Hi Christiaan,
This is very exciting seeing those pics.
That is a beautiful firearm.
Im speechless right now.
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Thanks for sharing.

Mike Brooks said:
Isn't it amazing how the Indian gun loooks just like an original British shotgun? :rotf:

I didn't realise that cats all had different faces before I bought a cat.

Perhaps you are seeing small details that seem obvious to you because you have looked at a lot of old guns?

OTOH, if someone was buying an alley cat thinking it was a pedigree somali. Should you mention it to avoid future disappointment, even it it meant raining on their parade? Caveat emptor :grin:

To paraphrase, All great journeys often start with a single (mis) step. :wink:

Methinks it was Thomas Edison who said, "genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration." :v

Just curious....Anyone know if and when us north americaners may be able to get one..."Preferabily with the queen anne locks" :wink: ...

Robert

I've been wanting one of these double flinters for years.
I know the bugs need to be worked out, but any idea on how far out before the public can purchase?
And where will thse guns be avalable for purchase?
Doc.

Doc, I contacted the manufacturer and they said they are trying to finish Xmas orders. The production on these will only start around December. So, it might only be a toy for the new year.

Back