• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New leman flint from TVM

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenmtnboy

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy all,
I got the first of two barrels sited in on my new Leman.
It has a Two Rice barrels in 15/16th,one in 45 for off hand and sm game and a 50 barrel for deer and elk.
I got the 45 shot in but had to change from my normal sacred patch(.030 canvas) to .020 canvas patch from Texas patching.
I am used to shooting Greenmtnbarrels with .012 deep grooves but the rice barrels come in at .010 deep so I had to go to a thinner patch, oh well it's accurate as all get out.
I also sent my Chambers lock off to L.C. Rice for tuning and timing. A must if you intend to get fast ignition.
I am posting pics of gun and groups shot at 100yrds bench 50 yrds bench and 25 yrds off hand.
Adios fer now
Nathan

DSCF5692.jpg

DSCF5699.jpg

DSCF5711.jpg

DSCF5717.jpg

NICE! Love my 58 Leman from TVM and Rice barrel.What lock did you get, by the way it's backwards.. Not a whole lot to choose from in lefty..Ray

Very nice looking gun with the lock on the CORRECT side!
Also, good shooting for the first time out. :thumbsup:

Fishhog said:
NICE! Love my 58 Leman from TVM and Rice barrel.What lock did you get, by the way it's backwards.. Not a whole lot to choose from in lefty..Ray
It's a Jim Chambers lock

Nathan, your taste in arms and mine are very close indeed, I even think the lock is on the correct side. I particularly like the dark stain of that pretty maple stock. Much better than the reddish tones Matt seems to use so often. You have shot and owned other Lemans how do you like the stock configuration with that narrow butt plate for recoil with elk loads? I'm thinking not an issue for you.

Snow

'nother lefty here just droolin on my keyboard. Someday... I might get me one of those. Beautiful.

A very nice gun and really good groups for so early in the game so to speak, looks like you have a winner there pard.

I really like the TVM leman rifle, I think it is one of their best designs. Great shooting by the way, my VA rifle with a rice barrel is unbelievably accurate and consistant with several different loads.

Now I see a problem here. I do not know the the owners of TVM, I have spoken to them while waiting for my rifle to be built. They have been very nice to work with. That being said, I would never have selected a Leman rifle based upon the photo they have on the web-site, it looks like a club bulky and heavy. The photos you post show this to be a fine nimble killing machine with beautiful lines, graceful in all aspects. These nice folks need to post some better pictures, if they did this and took the testimonials posted here, I believe they would need to hire some help!

What do your patches look like after?

What is a .020 Texas patch?

Why an .020?

Back