• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

new pistol !!!! uberti 44 cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silent sniper

40 Cal.
Reaction score
well i made a very good deal today. i went 2 a swap meet at the log cabin in lodi ohio today and i saw a pistol laying there. the tag on it said
" 44 cal early uberti $80" well i looked the pistol over and i really liked it. and i lured the seller down to 70 dollars and i bought it ! i took it home and shot it....this thing is a shooter ! at 15 yards this was my 15 shot offhand group with 30 grains FFF,wonder wad,.451 ball.
03280920201.jpg

is this good for a revolver and offhand shooting

here are more pics of the pistol

DSCF3178.jpg

DSCF3179.jpg

DSCF3182.jpg

DSCF3183.jpg

it has had the front sight replaced with a bead front sight...so did i get a good deal and what do you guys think of the pistol. thanks SS

Did you get a good deal?

YOU STOLE IT.
Great deal SS, great deal. :hatsoff:

Pretty good shootin', kid. Try holdin' a tad to the left and see what happens. Nice pistol!
Don

Hi everyone! Nice pistol, good buy. I picked it up and looked at it, should have bought it. enjoy it there a lot of fun to shoot. later slap happy

So how old is she? I bought an older Uberti same as yours a few years ago and later found out it's older than myself

Silent sniper
In the area of the proof marks on the frame you will find a square box with some letters or roman numerals in it.

Post the letters or roman numerals here and we can quickly tell you exactly which year the gun was proofed in.

well i couldnt find anything on the frame. but i did find some stuff on the bottom of the barrel.
here it is there is a octogon looking thing with a star in the center of it.under the octogon is the letters pn. then beside that is a shield thing with 2 things crossed in the center and a star above the shield. then there is a double hexagon with a u in the center. then farther down the barrel there is a 17. also on the bottom of the handle there is the numbers 7309. thats everything i can find on it

silent sniper said:
there is a octogon looking thing with a star in the center of it.under the octogon is the letters pn. then beside that is a shield thing with 2 things crossed in the center and a star above the shield.
Those are the Italian proof house marks; they are on every black powder gun manufactured in Italy, regardless of who made them.

silent sniper said:
there is a double hexagon with a u in the center.
That's the manufacturer's mark for Uberti.

All of those marks are shown in the document provided by the link in articap's post above. You might take a few minutes to go through that document - it'll tell you a great deal about what you want to know.

Back