• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Egler

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I've been shooting a brass frame Remington New Army for a few years, and my loads have slowly but steadily crept upwards. Then I saw last week that Cabellas has the steel frame version on sale under $200, so I had to get one. Got the shorter barrel. Made a holster for it, but haven't darkened the holster yet. I do that by setting it outside in the sun for a couple days, gets a nice natural patina, but we've had rain or ice and I haven't got a chance to set it outside yet. By the way, the possum skin from the possum I got with the other Remington is now tanned, looks nice, I think I'll make a shooting bag with the possum pelt on one side and a gray fox pelt on the other.
newpistolandholster.jpg

Nice looking holster you made. Enjoy the pistol I am looking for a stainless buntline with sites to play with.

Beautiful. I have yet to purchase a pistol but I have been eyeballing one for a backup to my 1861 Springfield. Still reading up on my options. Lol
I have my 1855 cartridge box hanging outside, day and night, sun and rain (rain is rare here) trying to get some kind of aging to take place. Too fun!

Back