• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Preacher-style rig

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toadboy65

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I finished my newest rig, a belt, holster and cylinder pouch for the 1858 Remington
preacher.jpg

I had been sort of thinking about this design for a while, and wanted the beadwork as a decorative element. I am pretty happy with the cylinder pouch, which is a lot more functional than the one in Pale Rider.
preacher2.jpg

It does a decent job of protecting the cylinders. and there is a hole underneath each cylinder to allow me to use a finger to pop the cylinders out fairly easily with one hand.
The belt has a notch on the top side, to keep the holster in place. I have not worn it enough to find out how functional the notch is.

T

It is called the Preacher rig because a version of it was featured in "Pale Rider", worn by the character of that name.

While not ‘correct’ to the movie or history. I found that Ruger 10-22 rotary magazine holders are a great fit for carrying 58 Remington cylinders, no matter the particular denomination you belong to. I have both single and doubles that I used when I shot SASS.

I like your holster and belt - for me I would leave off the cylinder pouch.

Back