• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New rifle has arrived

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KHickam

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Went to the Post Office and picked up my rifle today . It is great.

Made by Bobby Christian - I ordered it in the spring and it is just like I ordered. Plain Maple stock (a little figure) reddish colored - yellow brass without a nosecap - sling swivels, LH queen anne lock, sliding wood patchbox, 50 cal colerain swamped barrel.

Sorry, no pics - I don't have a digital camera.

KHickam said:
Sorry, no pics - I don't have a digital camera.
sign01481.gif

Should be a nice rifle. Set yourself up with an account at Photo-Bucket. Then find ya a teenager with a camera phone. :thumbsup: GW

Man, what a tight bore - .490 cast RB have to be short started to get down the bore, this is without a patch! Calling Track of the Wolf to order some .480 RB - dang, never had a .49 caliber before! :v

I have two Of Bobby's Guns a 62/20 Early Va Smoothrifle 36" Barrel, Siler Lock and a .50 Early VA with a 38" Swamped Colerain and a Chambers VA Lock

Love them both. Bobby Does great work

Llewellinman - Was your colerain as tight bored as mine? I had to short start a .490 rb without a patch! Gonna order some .480 rb from Track of the Wolf tomorrow

Anyway, I actually do have a photobucket account - and I do have a camera phone too - taking pics is easy - figuring out how to get them from my camera to photobucket then on a website - well that is more than my ability. I usually relied on my son and wife to do that sort of thing - Wife couldn't stand living with me in TX and moved to Montana - my son found a girl that evidently is more interesting to be around than his dad.

Go figure that! :rotf: :blah:

Anyway, gonna have to wait until I get the right sized round ball to shoot this thing anyway.

Keith, Yeah the bore on mine was pretty tight but I can use a .490. I just have to use a Patch thinner than I like. I believe the Patching material I use is around .006-.008.

The Bore on my 62 Smoothbore is tight too. It is supposed to be .615 but I had a hard time with .600 Balls and .010 Patch. I just use Cards and Wads with it now for RB or Shot. NIce looking Rifle, do you still have your BC Smoothbore?

Yes, still have my smoothbore - killed a few critters with it and won some matches too. Tempermental at times but still like it.

Very nice!

Are all colerain barrels that tight??? That would be very disappointing as I have a .50 swamped colerain coming and only have .490 balls. I just got a little depressed.

Back