• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Turkey Gun!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wet

32 Cal.
Reaction score
J :) ust got my hands on a Bess Carbine.
friend had as a kit and never did it
I got it as payment for job.
Any ideas on how to make shot cups to hold turkey loads?

dang! i never get paid in cool stuff for a job... usually just boring old money, or horseback lessons for the kids, or eggs (never been paid in chickens, but i was paid in eggs- gained darn near ten pounds!)

congrats on your new gun!

:wink:

It is a nice gun all ready to finish wood and brown barrel and screws.
got me a gallon of bleech and a stock kit this morning.Will work on it tomorrow.

Checked out the shot cup ideas! I like the three wraps of newspaper around the dowel. just have to figure out how to cut the paper to get even wraps :wink:

wet said:
Checked out the shot cup ideas! I like the three wraps of newspaper around the dowel. just have to figure out how to cut the paper to get even wraps :wink:
The easiest way to get the measurement is to wrap at least four turns on your dowel, then take a sharp knife or razor blade and make a short longways slit that goes through all the paper. Unroll the paper from the dowel, and measure the distance between the FOUR slits closest to the starting (inner-most) end and you have the width of exactly three wraps; add 1/8-1/4" if you want a slight overlap for gluing.

Regards,
Joel

make sure to let us know how she shoots and dont forget pictures!

-matt

Bessy is finished, was at Dixion's yesterday
for a new spring for my flint lock and picked up my wads. Made up two dozen shot cups for turkey loads. will give her a god sunday

I got paid in a rifle. :eek:ff

I shared doing a compensated comprehensive AWI presentation with a retiring teacher for a library system. I was the military half. At the end of this he said he could give me my money or...

He opened his trunk and there was a gun. Near new. A "Hawkins" type which I did not own one of at the time but was "next on my list" as I thought (and think) they are one of the most beautiful arms. I noticed the double set trigger. I read the ".50 Cal," my favorite for blackpowder rifle, and then saw "Thompson/Center" and tried not to over-react. It would come with cap and ball, starter, etc. if I'd only take it instead of the $100 (I think it was).

Of course I took it. Then I orchestrated it to be the very last gun to fire at the northeast's largest shooting range as the leftwing bureaucrats closed it. Fittingly, the original wood ramrod shattered at the end...

Back