• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New TVM............

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macon Due

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi guys
Just got an E-mail from UPS........says they have been notified to expect my rifle for shipment.Looks like it will be picked up from TVM this afternoon/evening? Expected delivery date is Sept. 6th.... :( The day I go back to work after the 4 days off I have because of an earlier 'expected' delivery date. Oh well I guess it can set all next week waiting for the weekend.At least I will have it.
Macon

Anticipation is half the fun of getting something! Be sure to post pictures when you can.

Just checked tracking and as of 1:20pm CST my rifle was in Lenexa,Ks. It traveled from TVM in Ms. to Ks. in less than 24 hrs. Had they just been able to ship it Wed. rather than Thur. I would have had it for the weekend. It will now lay in Lenexa till Tue. when it make the final leg of the trip to my house. Sure looking forward to it!
Macon [impatiently waiting]Due :grin:

OK, this sounds cool and all, but being new to this forum....uh, well, ummmmm.....what is TVM?

As opposed to Tennessee Valley Manufacturing also of Corinth Ms. One is more parts interested the other makes semi custom guns of good quality

Bill

:hmm: I guess you're employed. Even so, I think I would told my boss I was taking the afternoon off, and driven over to Kansas to pick it up myself.

The thought crossed my mind but ya know......everytime I have tried to circumvent 'fate' I have somehow been disappointed in the results? So....I decided I'd just wait till the big brown truck tosses it on my porch.
Macon

hopefully they will handle it like it's glass and surely it hasn't had a size 13 boot step on the wrist. The only gun stock I had shipped to me had a size 13 boot print on the crushed box right above the broken wrist. I now call the carrier Fed Wrecks after that.

Thank you T.O., you have made the next 3 days a lot easier to endure......... :shake:
Macon

It takes quite a bit of abuse to damage a "properly" packaged longgun, I use two 1x4's or 1x6's in an "L" to prevent movement in two directions in addition to foam packing, it takes a bit more time and will cost a few dollars more to ship but what is 5-10 bucks on a 1000-1500 dollar or more gun? The only complaints I have ever had on guns I have sold to folks is the frustration of the time envolved unwrapping them so they can get their first look at their new gun :wink: I have prefered the USPS for shipping and never had any problems with damaged boxes reported back to me and I try to remember to ask this whenever I send anything to anyone, as a way of sorting out any potential problems before they become real ones.

The ones I've had TVM build arrived padded inside a cardboard box, which was then nestled down snug inside a wooden framed box with top and bottom panels of masonite screwed on every 12", which I very much appreciated.

TG & roundball
Thanks guys, I feel a bit better now! Sounds like it would take a 'lot' of work to damage a rifle shipped by TVM then!
Macon

Macon Due said:
So....I decided I'd just wait till the big brown truck tosses it on my porch.
Macon
I was just replying to the big brown tosses it on my porch comment. I just got a visual of that in my mind when I read that and remembered the Fed Wrecks incident. TVM KNOWS what they are doing. you have nothing to worry about. They are too busy down there to redo work and they want you to be very happy with your gun. The gunstock I had broken was shipped in 2 seperate cardboard boxes taped together with newspaper for packing. It should have been insured because it was a claim waitin to happen. You have nothing to worry about.

T.O.
Ok, mine was just a figure of speech but glad to know you concur with the great packing methods of TVM. I will now sit in bliss......waiting for my delivery. Of course there is the matter of the e-mail from U.P.S. stating "Adult Signature Required" as I will not be home nor will anyone else when UPS arrives.Hmmmmmmmm. Had it just shipped one day earlier i would have been home on the delivery date.
Macon
Macon

Back