• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

nipple threads

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbjonesid

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I was wondering what the threads are on the Lyman trade rifle? I have one that needs a new nipple. Thanks.

necchi said:
Oop's Lyman?,,6mm x.75mm
6x1mm is the Spanish CVA/Traditions arms.

Yep, the spare nipples I've had in my bag, for over twenty years, are the wrong size. One of them does not even have a hole all the way thru it. Thank you for causing me the check. :doh:

read about WWII aviators who were assigned personal, inflatable life rafts.

Somebody pulled the trigger on his by mistake after everybody had them for 2-3 years. Would not inflate. Everybody else tried theirs and not a one would inflate.

Wrong nipple threads would be irritating; unsuable life raft in middle of Japanese - held Pacific would be a real cause for aggravation.

I hear ya, but it still makes me wonder if Forrest Gump's mama was talking about me when she said, "stupid is as stupid does". :grin:

ihave a cva 50 cl hawken i didnt know the nipple was stript my wife shot it didnt fire hand it back to me and went off blew the nipple out hit me in the hand got a face full of black powder askd if i had a face left just pepperd me the gun shop retappd it1/4 28 no problems since :doh:

Back