• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NJ Ban?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FVR said:
Use to strap the 12 ga. across my handlebars and ride down to the Beverly dump and hunt ducks, pheasant, and rabbits.

There was a time, a long time ago, in NJ when you could actually shoot a gun. I grew up in Burlington, moved to Burlington Twshp to a farm right off Beverly Rd. Use to walk through the front field and go to school. After school, grab the gun and hunt from our property that reached from Beverly Rd. to Rt 130. Cross Beverly Rd and hunt behind the school all the way down to the Delaware River. Murphy's farm was on the other side of 130, way far back was the apple orchard. You might, if you were lucky, see a deer.

Grandfather use to run a trap line from Beverly Rd all the way down to the river, that was how he made money for Christmas presents for the family.

That strip of land, shot my first of many rabbits, pheasants, and ducks. Learned to trap a little, me and my grandpop spent alot of time chasing critters back there.

That all changed. Grandpop has passed, Drew done hunted all the pheasants and managed to stick a big deer back there after I joined the USMC.

Thanks for the memories.

How about that? You and I grew up just down the road from each other. Seven miles between Burlington and Mt. Holly.
Now it appears like we're just across a few mountain ridges from each other.
I used to go south from Mt. Holly, cross Rt. 38 and I could hunt all the way down to Lumberton. Very few houses in the way then.
It is terrible what has become of that area. I try not to go back there. I only go back to attend funerals.

I feel the same way.

My home is down here in Georgia, well, until I move to Tenn.

Very, Very Sad.

I left Elizabeth NJ in 1986 for NC and I never looked back. It is sad to see what the people of one of the thirteen colonies that became the United States have allowed to happen to that once great state. Throughout my education in NJ public school I can not remember a hunter ed. class, firearms safety class, shooting clubs or teams. This sad situation is the fault of the people of that once great state for not getting involved. Take a kid or your neighbor or a guy from work hunting or shooting.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that GOOD MEN STAND BY AND DO NOTHING!
You have my pity Sir not my sympathy.

kevinflinter said:
Very, Very Sad.

I left Elizabeth NJ in 1986 for NC and I never looked back. It is sad to see what the people of one of the thirteen colonies that became the United States have allowed to happen to that once great state. Throughout my education in NJ public school I can not remember a hunter ed. class, firearms safety class, shooting clubs or teams. This sad situation is the fault of the people of that once great state for not getting involved. Take a kid or your neighbor or a guy from work hunting or shooting.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that GOOD MEN STAND BY AND DO NOTHING!
You have my pity Sir not my sympathy.

Well said!! :hatsoff:

Is it possible this write-up didn't give a correct backdrop?

"...A2116 bans all traditional muzzle loading rifles with synthetic stocks or fiber optic sights..."

One interpretation of this could be that its aimed at keeping the use of muzzleloaders in the traditionally designed category, as traditional as possible for the hunting seasons?

That would be nice, but no, it's not possible, not in NJ.

Remember, this is the state legislature that has mandated only so-called "smart handguns" may be sold or transferred within the state within two years after any exist. NJ has no exceptions whatsoever for "antique" handgun, so if ever a "smart" gun is designed, no one will legally be able to buy or sell flintlock pistols, even museums.

This bill has nothing to do with protecting traditional hunting and everything to do with making life more difficult for gun owners in NJ.

I think they would be good laws!! After all we need get these traditional guns off the streets. Just last week a guy robbed a bank with a caplock that had fiber optic sights!! Because of that it was like an assult weapon in the M/L world. And oh yes it was a 50 cal. Too many brown besses are getting into the hands of criminals. There is a gang in my neighborhood that really likes them. They call themselvs the redcoats. I think if we ban these weapons of mass destruction then the crime rate will go down and everyone will be happy perhaps next someone will do me a big favor and take away my freedom of speach also

You have to go actually look at the bill (I don;t think it has passed, just gotten out of the committee) to see what it bans...there is a list of exceptions, which covers BP weapons...I think the quote seen here is from the list of exceptions, not from the bans.

ultimately, we all need to stand together in this! i've been following the issue of disarmament for over 40 years, and let me promise you, these people WILL NOT stop until every form of tool that can remotely be considered a weapon is banned!!! aas an example, did you know that in N.Y. city, an arresting officer has the ability to arrest you for possessing a swiss army knife? they consider that a dangerous weapon!!! in areas of great briton, its illegal to resist a thug. you can be thown in jail while the assaulter is allowed to go free!! that is where these people want to go. please, keep your heads out of the sand!

Back