• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NMLRA membership increase

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Declining membership in ML sports is having an impact on all ML clubs, including the NMLRA. The average age is high, and I think that ML shooters can be amongst the thriftiest and less likely to want to part with their brass then other shooting sports.

I had heard that the board passed the rate increase but reversed their decision after the meeting due to the fallout.

If the NMLRA needs the money to operate it is not good either way.

Lets face it, a $50 a year dues increase is not alot. As a percentage it is, but not in real dollars. Hard to take the kitchen boss out for dinner and spend less than $50.

SB

Declining membership in ML sports is having an impact on all ML clubs, including the NMLRA. The average age is high, and I think that ML shooters can be amongst the thriftiest and less likely to want to part with their brass then other shooting sports.

I had heard that the board passed the rate increase but reversed their decision after the meeting due to the fallout.

If the NMLRA needs the money to operate it is not good either way.

Lets face it, a $50 a year dues increase is not alot. As a percentage it is, but not in real dollars. Hard to take the kitchen boss out for dinner and spend less than $50.

SB
“Lets face it, a $50 a year dues increase is not alot. As a percentage it is, but not in real dollars. Hard to take the kitchen boss out for dinner and spend less than $50.”
This is the kind of rationalization that makes little sense to me. Sure $50 isn’t a lot in and of itself. But add that to everything else that is costing us more and more ( name something that isn’t). It’s “Death is a Thousand Cuts”, and frankly at this point it’s time, to start saying no.

Not to be argumentative......I made more money this year than I did last year and significantly more than I did 20 years ago. My pickup cost me thousands more this year than the prior one. You can't expect any organization to survive without keeping pace with inflation.

Shooting ML and belonging to the NMLRA cost me quite a bit less than if I belonged to my local country club and played golf.

SB

An increase to 50 or 60 dollars is reasonable. Camp site fees should also be looked at as electricity usage. Any projects need to be put out for bid. The officers and board need to be held accountable. The next step should be knock off the nepotism.

Back