• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NMLRA Southeastern Rendezvous

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey two shadows--wish i could. would love to meet the critter behind those words of yours. will be at the one in friendship in june--maybe then.

take care, daniel

Well TwoShadows my wife and i planned to go and even sent in our registration $ . However we chickened-out and xferred the reg. funds to the NEPR in NY in July. Just the thought of driving 1100 miles thru all those Ohio cities wore me out :p

I'll be there for sure. In fact I'm leaving Monday to help with the site.
Look me up when you get there...I'll be in the one pole marquee with the owl on top. Sign out from....Wise Custom Knives.

Djnye, I will most likely make it to Friendship....we just might eyeball each other there. MickeyWise, I'll show up on Wednesday the 31st myself. I usually hang around Tip Curtis' booth and my own trade blanket. I will look you up there I betcha. I checked the site out there a couple weeks ago. Not much to do but set the "hooters". I don't believe the wood will burn all that well. I saw mostly hackberry that is maybe half cured.....be some fine opportunities to get the place smoked up well. Land lays at a slight angle, so there will be plenty of drainage if rain should prevail....not much shade unless you set up near one of the outer fencerows...but this time of the year here it won't be so hot. It's only a 67 mile drive for me for a change....kinda like being in the back yard from my last one. Oh, might be a good idea to conform to local speed limits. Tennessee takes a dim view of speeding, and any sign of alcohol will get you a free room at the "Crossbar Hotel". Most local drivers are courteous...even the "bluehaired little granny's" (some refer to them as "Q-TIPS"),and the jacked up pickemup trucks with the "Easyrider rifle racks" in the back window. It's easy to tell if the vehicle you're following has married occupants....there will be tobacco juice running down BOTH sides.....( you DO have windshield washers/wipers doncha?)

Just got back from the southeastern night before last. Spent yesterday organizing gear. I just got married and we're combining two camps!!! I was a hard core trekker and now I've turned into "one of those people", wall tent, double bed, camp kitchen, a dozen slat backed chairs, big awning and meals eaten from a plate!!! She even makes me wear a waistcoat!!! It does seem like I'm sleeping better, and I didn't get the "trots" this event! I did miss having the little kids take a look at me and run off screaming in terror!!! (still happens if they see me dead on)
It was a great event. bought some good stuff at really great prices.
This was the first event with the "new wife". We had a great time. I do have to be careful with that woman though, she made the New York state archery finals in high school and went on to qualify expert with an M-16 in the army (I only made marksman!), and I had little enough semse than to make her a nice "poor boy" rifle for christmas! She's one to ride the river with.

hello i am new to all this stuff here so i am being slow i dont know alot things about threads and all that but i do need to know when the friendship shoot starts i have lost all my stuff to a fire me and my girls live and breathe there spring and fall shoots thanks blue

blue,,, Bring up; "www.nmlra.org". The information you seek should be there... If not, my Muzzle Blast list these dates; Spring Shoot June 12 - 20, 2004... Championship Shoot (Fall) September 11 - 19, 2004... Sorry to hear about the fire...

Back